1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What you lot think of this

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by rickparmar, Jan 2, 2005.

1. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Why not buy an older A3 1.8T that is 1k cheaper and use that for the insurance instead? I guess the newer facelift may be appealing but I would rather have a bit more performance. Seems like a nice car anyhow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  3. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

sorry confused, is the facelift more on insurace ?

4. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Nope, it is just a little bit nicer inside LOL. I was refering to buying a car that was maybe a few years older and hence cheaper (older = pre-facelift). The cheaper car could offset your total out lay for both car plus insurance. I really like my car but the only regret is I never bought a turbo at the time but I had considerations then.
  5. rickparmar

rickparmar va va voom

o i see wat u mean,

wats 1.8 like ?
  6. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Not too bad I suppose. It is reasonable enough to 110mph, taking a bit to get to that last 120mph. The lack of turbo means it is smooth all the way, just not quite as fast. I just feel the 1.6 is too small for the weight of the car, especially if your getting one with aircon and electric seats. I do like toys though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  7. W8 Performance

W8 Performance Member

Looks nice Rick. I would be a bit biased about the colour though.

If you get that one and look after it then it will probably hold its money until you sell it as it is a facelift model. Plus there is less to go wrong on that than with a turbo.

Have you tried Adrian Flux for insurance as they are quite good.

Do whatever you feel is right. Dont get stuck with a car you dont really want as you will only have to go and get another.

Rob

p.s. Did I say it was a nice colour?
  8. Dumpvalve1

Dumpvalve1 Member

Dont expect to knock them down too much as looks like its a trade ad.
  9. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

I'd try for some with closer to 40k on the clock...just my preference.
    And i'd agree with rob...you are a long time with a car, so make sure you buy a car you actually want. I had my clio for 9 years and for the past two or three when i was absolutely sick and tired of it, i treated it badly, never drove it etc.
    Whereas now with my S3 - i wash it (never did that to the Clio), i park at the back of the car park (why does someone always come and park next to you?!) and more importantly i enjoy driving in it and look for opportunities to drive it.
    This would have been the case in the 1.8TQ i was gonna buy before that fell through and i saw my current s3.

And i'll open up myself to a barrage of abuse..but aren't there cheaper cars competing with the 1.6? The golf for eg? I won't say Focus or i'll have my login deleted!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Again just my $0.02