1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you drive in Moscow?

RacingTeatray Jul 4, 2005

1. RacingTeatray

RacingTeatray Freezing in Moscow

If you were asked to consider going to work in Moscow for a couple of years, what sort of car would you get/take to use out there?

I can't contemplate life without a car but think that a bright blue S3 would really be asking for trouble.

I think something large, cheap, tough, powerful and unflashy would be the answer. An old G-Wagon?

Any thoughts?

2. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

Just buy an old volvo you'll be doing ok! Dont even have to be that old they depreciate so much you can pick up a decent one for under 5 grand!

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Yep, as NE said.

[​IMG]

4. TDI-line

Those half-track's look good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

5. The Slug

The Slug Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I think i'd go for a old 4x4 wich is easy to repair and cheap.

maybe a old landrover?

[/ QUOTE ]

Always going wrong and no parts in the Country, lmao

6. RacingTeatray

RacingTeatray Freezing in Moscow

I wouldn't want the Russian Army to think I was up to no good and shell me or something equally regrettable!

I think Moscow is fine provided you leave ostentatious displays of wealth to those who can afford the security.

7. abmunro

abmunro Member

I work in Azerbaijan and everyone here has lada's. We have Toyota land cruisers and we are passed all the time buy lada's packed to the gunnels. The roads are absolutely rubbish , more potholes than tarmac.

8. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Moderator

Get a humvee...not any of this Hummer rubbish...and actual humvee!!

[​IMG]

9. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

I take it you mean a humvee then Rich! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I take it you mean a humvee then Rich! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what i said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

11. TDI-line

I don't get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. CJ A4

CJ A4 Active Member

It was the fact that he was reiterating what he said to make it crystal clear i was being fasicious. Its ok don't lose sleep over it i ain't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

13. Guest

Get an old beetle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. audi5e

audi5e Member

heating in a beetle, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

oh sorry, you mean the redirected warm air flow from the engine... :)

15. bainsyboy

bainsyboy Guest

how bout a fso or lada that way youll fit in with the locals and they will not think your secret service unless you are secret service then you will need an ason martin or that thing that goes under water in the spy who loved me