1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What with all this...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by DavidR, Nov 15, 2004.

1. marctwo

marctwo Member

[Nov 16, 2004]
    I have to agree with jimboA3, it's about the enjoyment of ownership. Personally I am not into neons and bling wheels but considering the speed limits in this country (some fair and some not so fair) I can see why people spend more money on making their car look 'better' than making it go faster. Unless you are a regular track day junkie I would think most turbo Audi's would have more than enough performance.
  2. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Nov 16, 2004]
    Chill Pill time!
  3. imported_ashs3

imported_ashs3 Guest

[Nov 16, 2004]
    Lol at this post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Have to agree though, no chaving up of Audi's please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif
  4. marctwo

marctwo Member

[Nov 16, 2004]
    So it's a 'no' to Burberry seat covers then?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  5. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Nov 16, 2004]
    Aye Glen, we all know you sit on rigs playing PS2s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif. Assuming "a barrel" is 205 litres, it will eventually come to me at £137.35+VAT for PU50 or £147.60+VAT for ULSD based on our wonderful alleged Platts + 1ppl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  6. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 16, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:
    I didnt buy my car to thrash aroud the place Glen , i bought it to enjoy driving it day to day , enjoying looking at it and generally enjoy the whole experience of driving an audi.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember there was a vid of a Pug 106 overtaking you somewhere on here LOL
  7. Markb

Markb Active Member

[Nov 16, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    jojo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:
    I didnt buy my car to thrash aroud the place Glen , i bought it to enjoy driving it day to day , enjoying looking at it and generally enjoy the whole experience of driving an audi.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  8. Markb

Markb Active Member

[Nov 16, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ess_Three said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Markb said:

Anyway you'll be pleased to know that I'll be purchasing some quality BBS wheels in 18" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice fella!

I see you are turning from the dark side...come into the light....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I prefer handling and tuning over styling [​IMG]
  9. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Nov 16, 2004]
    Mods can we have a new forum section called "How to ruin my Audi with LEDs, I have a car attached to my exhaust, bling burbery recaros, Lexus Rear lights and Pimp Spinners"?

This would solve your problem of not wanting this Cr@p in this A3/S3 forum section and thus would alienate wannabe Chav's.
  10. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 16, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    neversaydie said:
    Mods can we have a new forum section called "How to ruin my Audi with LEDs, I have a car attached to my exhaust, bling burbery recaros, Lexus Rear lights and Pimp Spinners"?

This would solve your problem of not wanting this Cr@p in this A3/S3 forum section and thus would alienate wannabe Chav's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't we just call this 'Pimpmyaudi' Forum, and let the 'Pimp' moderate it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  11. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Nov 16, 2004]
    Excelent Idea!

Pimp you da man!
  12. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

[Nov 16, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    jojo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

You got me there mate ! However that car has has 15grand thrown at it - not including the original purchase price! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
  13. imported_xlux

imported_xlux Guest

[Nov 16, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    neversaydie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

gosh its so nice to be alienated cus im wanting to modify MY car!!! how old are you?
  14. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Nov 16, 2004]
    If you use the profile button gives you all the info you want!

Erm why the personal attack? Mods are fine, but again I wouldnt expect you to get it yet!

As explained in the other thread were just having a light harted jibe!

Get use to it?
  15. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Nov 17, 2004]
    Oooh, touchy.
    What precisely has age got to do with having a laugh or having taste?
  16. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Nov 17, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    xlux said:

gosh its so nice to be alienated cus im wanting to modify MY car!!! how old are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, touchy.
    What precisely has age got to do with having a laugh or having taste?
  17. StephaneS

StephaneS Member

[Nov 17, 2004]
    I dont know guys but it is an internet forum so what do you expect
    People will always have different tastes and, most in here dont know each other so getting upset will always happen
    some will want a car that handles well, some goes fast in straight line, some looking good (with bling wheels if it's what they like) or whatever tickle your fancy but saying one is better than the other is utter cr#p!
    it's like saying : "i have taste, you have not" it does not mean anything

for that reason I don't think anyone should become wind up for any of the opinions expressed here.

However carrying on making fun when people get upset won't help.
    Personnaly I would stop when the fun goes away which is when people get upset
    I don't think anyone like its thread being "polluted" by useless (and sometimes offensive) posts for very long
    A little more comprehension from the older more experienced forum members should also be appreciated

A bon entendeur salut! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  18. imported_fingermouse

imported_fingermouse Guest

[Nov 17, 2004]
    if you want to be really miffed about your mods do them and post the results at barryboys im sure they will be nice to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  19. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

[Nov 17, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    StephV6 said:
    People will always have different tastes and, most in here dont know each other so getting upset will always happen
    some will want a car that handles well, some goes fast in straight line, some looking good (with bling wheels if it's what they like) or whatever tickle your fancy but saying one is better than the other is utter cr#p!

for that reason I don't think anyone should become wind up for any of the opinions expressed here.

I don't think anyone like its thread being "polluted" by useless (and sometimes offensive) posts for very long
    A little more comprehension from the older more experienced forum members should also be appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

Steph, I started this thread, tongue in cheek, with a self depracting first post that both made my point and took the [censored] out of myself. It's a shame that things get taken too far and things get branded as ****, but, like a decent trip to the pub, a good conversation is based on opinions, debate and [censored] taking.

Damn, it's good to get a bit of life in the forum and see who the personalities are, rather than me harping on about brakes and suspension, Glen mouthing off about rolling road figures and the "pimp" talking non stop about his bling wheels / phone / slacks...

Some will always take things a little to far, but I hope the majority can take this thread as the light hearted jibe that it was intended and ignore the more extreme views that may offend...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  20. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Nov 17, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]

Damn, it's good to get a bit of life in the forum and see who the personalities are, rather than me harping on about brakes and suspension, Glen mouthing off about rolling road figures and the "pimp" talking non stop about his bling wheels / phone / slacks...

Some will always take things a little to far, but I hope the majority can take this thread as the light hearted jibe that it was intended and ignore the more extreme views that may offend...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call!

Its all a big Joke - common guys can you feel the love in here?

21. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

[Nov 17, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    David R said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    StephV6 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Steph, I started this thread, tongue in cheek, with a self depracting first post that both made my point and took the [censored] out of myself. It's a shame that things get taken too far and things get branded as ****, but, like a decent trip to the pub, a good conversation is based on opinions, debate and [censored] taking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't mentioned any of that for a long time. Agree with stephenV6, people should back off a bit when it gets beyond a point, but i know from personal experiance this won't happen, so u just gotta ride it....
  22. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Nov 17, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    pimpmyaudi said:

Agree with stephenV6, people should back off a bit when it gets beyond a point, but i know from personal experiance this won't happen, so u just gotta ride it....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the case...

We've ragged Stevie mercilessly for years about his bling wheels, wheelbarrow exhaust, pimp tints etc...and he now fully understands the craic...
    Everyone gets the flak at some point...it's not meant to be nasty...just a bit of fun.

As you say, ride it out and chill out and you'll find this IS a really entertaining place to spend time...we don't mean to offend...just the craic.

After a settling in period, everyone finds out what side of the go vs show divide they sit on...or straddle...after all, it's all in fun really. Sorry if I've seriously upset anyone...