What wheels?

MrWhite

Reaction score
I've mentioned in a couple of previous posts that I will finally get my A3 2.0TDI 170 Sport Sportback (mouthful or what) in Ibis white on Thursday of next week. Now the car was ordered late September and is coming via Lloyds Autolease onto a dealer. Seems like this sort of wait isn't unreasonable and will actually be quite sorry to say goodbye to the 120d I've been using while I wait. Anyway, my question is with regard to the wheels - they seem to have changed on the website to a 5 spoke affair as apposed to the older, fuller style. I actually prefer the new 5 spoke style but will I get them? When would Audi have actually switched the wheels over?

they changed from the date they raised the prices i think - 10th november - so an order placed before this will probably come with the old wheels - and after this the new style ones - which i think are awful. I had this same choice and i decided to pay the extra 400 and go for the 18" s-lines as i didn't want the horrible new ones and wanted a change froom the old sport wheels (although i think these are nice).

PS i also have a TDI 170 on order although it a 3-door S-Tronic - i'm waiting until March for mine tho - on a new plate.

Steve but wouldn't the price paid for the car be based on when you got it?

So that would mean that nobody is driving round with the new wheels as yet then?

The price paid will be what was agreed when the order went in - they can't raise the prices and charge you more after you've ordered, after all.

There could be people with the new wheels by now as it's two months since the changes but they'd have had to have had a blindingly fast delivery to get it in two months!

I've seen one person on here or TSN who ordered an S-Line before the revisions and still got the full leather that is now standard, despite not paying the increased price, however this could be because they'd simply run out of the old style part-leather ones (bear in mind they're embossed with the S-Line logo so specific to that model) whereas with the wheels the older style are still available so there wouldn't be a shortage which would force them to fit the new style ones.

I agree with steve btw, the new sport wheels are hideous.

well, yeh i doubt there is anyone with the new wheels just yet as has just been said - 8 week delivery time is pretty quick for a build to order. When i ordered my last A3 i ordered in April with auto lights and my car was confirmed for first week of the model year change (first week of MY 2005) so i got auto wipers too (but paid the price for just auto lights (think it went up by about £80 or something like that)

******. So am I the only person who actually prefers the new wheels? The old Sport wheels very nearly put me off buying the car and going for the 118d M-Sport instead (well down on power I know).

well since noone likes them you may find some that crop up on ebay cheap?? However since noone likes them then you would find your car less desirable to sell on if thats top of your importance list.

LOL company car Steve so I guess none of the above apply. Don't understand why nobody likes them though

Well just thought I'd post an update. My car has been delivered with the 2007 Spec wheels and they look really good. Far better in the flesh and once I get some pics up I'm sure some of you will be changing your opinions. Shame it's so ****** windy!

oh well at least your happy - you have been proper narked if it was the other way around - i know i would - i've had a sport before so i wanted a change from the original sport wheels (but didn't want the new ones) so i'm confident the choice to have 18" s-lines is the right one.

I too would have preferred 18s but alas no choice in the matter. Slightly off-topic but I am surprised how noisy the engine is compared with my previous car (1 series BMW). Tis ****** fast though!