1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What warranty company are you with??

Audi27 Feb 12, 2014

1. Audi27

Audi27 Member

My warranty with Arnold Clark expire's in October so I am preparing early for when it happen's.

I was wondering what warranty companies you guy's are with and do you recommend them?

I have just done a quote with WD and it came out at £491 for the year with a Franchised dealer. That doesn't seem to bad to me but what kind of prices do you pay as well?

2. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Active Member

This topic has been done a million times, prepare for a can of worms about third party warranties not being the paper they're written on. A lot of people will probably recommend Audi's own, myself included, it will be more but you get what you pay for and all that!

3. Audi27

Audi27 Member

I have read the thread's about the warranty subject but any new or recent experiences would be more helpful.

I agree I don't mind paying more if it mean's a better quality service. I was surprised when Arnold Clark told me you cannot extend your Autocare warranty plan today so it's something I need keep an eye out for now.

4. sliced

sliced Drive safe, stay alive.

Could always open a savings account and drop £50 a month into that and use that kitty for car repairs rather than purchasing a warranty.

DriverN00B likes this.
  5. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

WDirect IMHO best on market, especially Platimun cover which is only offered through a dealer/trader.

sliced likes this.
  6. WOLF

WOLF Well-Known Member

There not worth the paper there written on!:whistle2::iagree:

7. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Active Member

It would help for someone to have had first hand experiences claiming with one of the 3rd party warranty companies. I just know theres a lot of small print in those.

8. Audi27

Audi27 Member

That's a good shout but it's gonna take quiet a few month's of saving's to pay off an Audi problem ££££££££££

9. Audi27

Audi27 Member

I have just downloaded to Audi warranty booklet and that is a lot of wording! Not sure what other third party companies are like but in this booklet there is a lot of mentioning of (excluding wear and tear) which is a bit concerning.

10. Ian a3v6

Ian a3v6 New Member

I have a Warrany Direct policy on my other car ,I have claimed on it twice and I have to say if its in the policy WD pay up no problem. If its not [there are no grey area's with them] then you are on your own .
    Its very important that you pay for, and get the cover you want /expect . My other car is a 997s so I cover major expense items but I am willing to pay for the so called cheaper items to keep the cost down .
    Its a good policy for tailoring cost/cover and in my experince they are very good, just make sure you keep your service up to date . They also usually give 3 add ons away for new clients so make sure you ask.
    I added MOT failure . Cats, and Multi media to mine. Hope this helps.

11. Ian a3v6

Ian a3v6 New Member

PS WD cover wear and tear up to 80%