1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What version do I have 2G or 3G MMI

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by kidd78, Nov 10, 2012.

1. kidd78

kidd78 New Member

After reading how to tell if my system is a 2g/3g I'm slightly confused. The dash screen is a 6.5" with 2 SD card slots and one Dvd drive, with one single large button. All this suggests a 2G system but the Navigation disk is 3G!

If this is a 3G system why have I got a 2G button? Can I change it over or even add a hard drive ?

Reason I am asking which version I have is because I brought a disk from satnavi.com and unfortunately I think I brought the 2G version and its not working.

Any info to narrow it down will be appreiciated

Thanks
  2. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

You have 3G Navigation low, also from 2011 all disks have to be activated by a dealership in 3G systems. So if you buy a disk from ebay or other sources you will have a problem to get it working as it comes with an activation key and SVM code that need to be entered when the update is done at the dealrship.
  3. kidd78

kidd78 New Member

Thanks for the info, could the system be upgraded to the higher version ie hard drive and the joystick button with new navigation software? Avoiding Audi itself.