1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What upgrade next?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_velcrobix, Jan 26, 2006.

1. imported_velcrobix

imported_velcrobix Guest

[Jan 26, 2006]
    Ok...i'm thinking about another upgrade but a can't decide what to get. I only really want to spend around £600 tops. Possible options are Milltek exhaust, lowering (but only springs for that much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif), haldex controler (although slightly more than budget) or lighter flywheel when my clutch needs replacing, which should be fairly soon (will replace with standard S3 clutch).

Just wondering what others would go for on this budget or if there are other options that may be worth consdering that i've not mentioned?
  2. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

[Jan 26, 2006]
    shocks and springs...urmm save for fitting
  3. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 26, 2006]
    Yeah I would do the suspension too.
  4. imported_velcrobix

imported_velcrobix Guest

[Jan 26, 2006]
    I have concidered it but as you know i'll need to spend around another £2-300 for fitting......Not realy the time to do it though because i'm moving house soon hence the budget.

As Ryanc said....may save a little longer the get it done.

I do like the idea of getting a Milltek but i know it won't give me any performance gain.
  5. Ryanc

Ryanc Active Member

[Jan 27, 2006]
    no gain,waste of time and money.
  6. Ess_Three

Ess_Three Active Member

[Jan 28, 2006]
    You beat me to it...assuming you are on about the Milltek.

As well as not giving a gain, it won't fit properly...and will bang on the floorpan / rear diff carrier...if it's anything like mine. And Milltek won't want to do anything about it...