what tyres ?

boytrigg

Reaction score
the 2 fronts on my saloon 1.9tdi have been on the car for about 6k the middle of them are pretty worn near the indicators and the outsides have about 5 to 7 mm what would cause it to be like that they are 235 40 18s on rs6 alloys also any recomendation on what brand i should go for next

I would guess at over inflated! What's ur price range? I rate Dunlop sport maxx,got 24k out of my last set. Had a set of toyo's on and they gripped well but only lasted 6k!!!

Had some falkens were great till had about 4mm left then tramlined like dodgy shopping trolley.

Always been a fan of continentals

Reactions: Welshquattro
I see if I can find out which ones I had. The father in law got them cheap for me,just like the conti's I had on now. If I had to get tyres now I'd try the Mitchelin pilot super sports like dieseljake,also my brother has them on his avant and rates them!

Last edited:
Reactions: pauldazzle
She still churns out 700miles to a tank so I cant see that its made a jot of difference over the Falkens that were on there.

I would guess at over inflated! What's ur price range? I rate Dunlop sport maxx,got 24k out of my last set. Had a set of toyo's on and they gripped well but only lasted 6k!!!

24k!!! My Dunlop must have been made of chocolate, lasted not even 12k up front on a fwd 1.9 tdi so going back to Michelin, i did have Dunlop's a few years back that lasted a little longer but not much, but then i suppose you get what you pay for.

Early days on my Falken 453 but I like them so far, I had to buy four all at once!

24k!!! My Dunlop must have been made of chocolate, lasted not even 12k up front on a fwd 1.9 tdi so going back to Michelin, i did have Dunlop's a few years back that lasted a little longer but not much, but then i suppose you get what you pay for.
I must admit it's mostly motorway miles and my wife driving.lol. When we only had my car she used it for work which she travels a lot. She had a peugeot 206cc from new which had goodyear eagles on and where still on it at 35k. Since I've had the car back it's had, Toyo proxies-6k, Falken 452's-7.5k and now on conti's which are doing well at 9k and still going.The garage that I get my tyres did tell me the newer dunlops seem to be a softer compound.

Last edited: