what tyres for the S3?

kent_andy

Reaction score
what are the best tyres for the S3 atm?

Bearing in mind i am running 19x8.5 with 235/35/19 tyres.

I used pirelli p zero rosso's before which are amazing tyres but only last 6k and they are expensive too, any other suggestions?

Got Parada spec 2's on mine. 215/40/17 Audi AVUS's though.

Ultra good in dry. Not so clever when pressing on in the wet.

Thats my 2p.

Falken 452's or toyo t1r's

try camskill for tyres found them the cheapest place and they will deliver the tyres to you

I put some coopers on my S3 before I sold it basically Avon as there made in sane place..

Hankooks very good they were on originally made by Michelin group.

Sadly can't help with price as I pay just over cost from stapeltons

Last edited:
+1 for camskill - brilliant prices.

Im currently rocking goodyear eagle f1 assymetrics they lasted about 8k and they are pretty chuffing good, and I'm going to try Falken 452s when I get my new sik pimpin rimz.

after reading numerous forums and reviews i thought the consensus seemed to be Michelin Pilot Sport 3 for the S3. I have just put my 2nd set on and find them great wet or dry.....lasted me about 6-8 k i guess.

Swapped my pilots for kumho ecsta all round not bad price wise and really grippy wet or dry. Look good too with the logo in the tread.

I've got Kumho Ecsta on my 19's, 235 35 19, surprisingly better ride quality than my Goodyear F1's (18's)

I had FK452s on my old A4 - were not bad, but not a patch on my Uniroyals.

Honestly, get the Uniroyals unless you live in a desert or have infinate money.

i didnt find the 452s to good in the wet compared to f1's but in the dry they were just as good

hmm may have to have a look at the f1's i found the 452's great in the wet and unbelivable in the snow and ice must not have been pushing the car hardenough lol

I've got Kumho Ecsta on my 19's, 235 35 19, surprisingly better ride quality than my Goodyear F1's (18's)

I had these on my X5, athough the ride suffered but i think thats because they 315's!

so goody F1's, uniroyals, Falkens are all up there....suppose try and see then

I have a set of Goodyear Eagle F1's 225/40/18 for sale. Only done about 3-4k in them. PM for me for pics if anyone is interested. BTW i've got Avon zz3's on my 19's, can't complain!

452's great in the wet and unbelivable in the snow and ice

I found them great in the dry but they aquaplaned in the wet (really wet!) and I slid in to a wall in the snow (but no quattro then!)...

The Uniroyals are better than the 452s in all conditions and not too much more expensive. They last ages too, I think i've done 12k on mine and they still have decent tread.

225/40/18 92Y Bridgestone Potenza REO50A's for me brilliant in the dry and hold pretty well in the wet!

The two best tyres currently on the market are Michelin Pilot Sport 3's and Goodyear Sport Contact 5P's, end of.

However, many of the aforementioned tyres in this thread are right up there, especially the Uniroyal Rain Sports (if you can find a set)...

Ryan

Reactions: bogdan_wrc
The two best tyres currently on the market are Michelin Pilot Sport 3's and Goodyear Sport Contact 5P's, end of.

However, many of the aforementioned tyres in this thread are right up there, especially the Uniroyal Rain Sports (if you can find a set)...

Ryan

I had Pilot sports on my old M5 and really didnt rate them....what are they like on the S3?

Is there much difference between the goodyear sport contact and the F1's assymetrics?

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 :)
wonderful tires!! much better than the GY Eagle F1 GSD3 that i used to have. especially on hot tarmac.

Last edited:
Used to religously fit Yoko Parada Spec 2's great tyres but didnt last particularly long so i switched to Michelin Pilot Sport 2's after everyone on the TT forum rated them as the best tyre for the TT (and as the S3 is essentially the same chassis without looking like a hairdressers car thought id give them a go). The Michelins are a bit more expensive (about 30 percent more than the yokos) but i got 50 percent more mileage out of them so essentially im saving money. Great tyre imho nearly as good a grip as the Parada's in the dry and much better in the dry. The PS2's have been replaced by PS3's so had the PS3's fitted last time and im just as impressed with them and seem to be lasting just as well.

I've used Potenzas and PS3s on my S3 and both tyres are great. Just about to fit my S4 wheels with Continental ContiSport Contact 3s which have some excellent reviews too.

I've got contisports on the front of mine mate, seem to be a decent tyre and were a pretty good price, but they might be different on your S3 to how they are on my poor man's A3 :lmfao:

Been using Eagle F1 Assymmetric for 3 years and they are stunning tyres, lasting circa 10-12k for me. Just about to plop two of the new Assymmetric 2's on next week. Lots of noise being made about them so figured I'd try a couple. I'm just using standard 225/45/17 on Avus and the new Assy 2s worked out at £235 fitted for the pair.

I've PS3s on mine. These replaced the crap that were Conti SCs.

In 19" form, in 235/35R19 size, I have used Yoko's, Continental Contact 3's and Avon ZZ3's. the Yoko's are very grippy, particularly in the dry, but not as good in the wet, I managed 10k miles out of a set. Conti's I got a whopping 15k miles, including 2 track sessions, these we're very good in the wet, but only ok in the dry. Currently got some Avon ZZ3's, these give a better ride then the other tyres I've tried, not bad in the wet and dry, kind of in between the Yoko's and Conti's, very happy with them on my S3!

I have previously used Falken 19" tyres on my Passat, and they was soft, I got around 9k miles out of a set before going back to 18s dues to costs! But that was 10 years ago!! Tyre prices have dropped quite a bit since those days.

have used continentals for years, great tyres in wet and dry. changed last year to eagle F1 and found the grip very good, but alot
more ground noise ( radio up 2-3 notches). So back to Continentals.

Can't fault Michellin Pilots. The ones on my original A3 wheels gripped very well and have covered over 30,000 miles each and still 4mm tread left on them

Also being fully honest the Primacys which are cheaper are still fairly decent but ndon;t quite handle aswell. Plus you pay for exactly what you get!