1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Tyres? 235-40-18 Y

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by stevehall, Aug 3, 2009.

1. stevehall

stevehall Member
    VCDS Map User

I had the same problem, all four needed to be swapped and had quotes of over 1k.

I got these and they have been good, very quiet and i have never had a problem with grip in the wet or dry - and every now and again i like to throw it round bends..

This morning in the now had no real problems with them, never got stuck.

I have about 6mm left on them now

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dazmo

Dazmo Active Member

Where are you lot getting quotes of £1k for 4 tyres?

www.camskill.co.uk, the vreds are only £90 each!!

4. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

thanks stevehall.If youve got 255/19/35 tyres then a grand isnt that hard to reach on the tyre sheds such as kwikfit/ats and the other jokers.Ive always used an independant in coventry, brittania tyres, but camskil look really good

5. jaygeezer871

jaygeezer871 Member

Good to hear they are ok in the wet & snow.

Now all i need to know is what sort of mileage they are lasting for?

For 2/3's of the price of other premium brands are you only getting 2/3's of the mileage, eg contis 15k miles = £150 per tyre, Vredestein's 10k mlies for £100 per tyre???

6. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Just got some Goodyear F1's brand new off ebay for £124 each delivered :)

elitedirect.com is their site

7. chrisru

chrisru New Member

My 235/45R17 97Y GoodYear F1 ASYMMETRIC XL which I got fitted a week ago were £119 each including fitting from event-tyres.co.uk - I've used them a number of times and always found their fitting service at home or work really useful. I got a discount for 4, the price for an individual tyre is £125.13

Chris

8. stevehall

stevehall Member
    VCDS Map User

I did not note down my mileage when i had them fitted, and i am gutted that i did not do it.

But i can have a guess at mileage, i do about 40k a year, and got them in august? so had them 4 months, so i guess it will be about 13-15k they have done, and from my service i have 5mm left.

9. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

£153 a tyre for 18inch, not much cheaper than other mobile services out there to be honest. It will only cost me £9 a tyre to fit, so £133 a tyre and only a 5min drive to get fitted...£40 saving on two tyres...