What type are the main beam bulbs....H7?

reggieroo

Reaction score
Website
www.theirishshop.co.uk
I have just bought some HID's & some xenon side lights but would also like to upgrade the main beam bulbs to something brighter & to match the HID's.

What type are they & any ideas chaps?

Yes they are H7.

I bought some of THESE. They match the HID's well, and the 100w gives good output. They are available in 55w too if you prefer.

Yes they are H7.

I bought some of THESE. They match the HID's well, and the 100w gives good output. They are available in 55w too if you prefer.

I like the look of those, I don't suppose you would have any problems with the law as they are only on when no ones around (you turn them off when you see another driver).

I need something bright as the misses will be driving it to work & winter driving for her isn't very nice, we live in a village so lots of back road driving & poor visibility.

The HID's I've bought are 6000k, do you think I should get 6000k to match instead of these 5000k ones?

The 100w will be fine - tell me anyone who can look at a 100w burning and tell! And as you say no one see's your main beams really. You should be aware that this is a theoretical risk it could harm your wiring/switch, although in over two years I've never had any problems.

The HID's I've bought are 6000k, do you think I should get 6000k to match instead of these 5000k ones?

Sorry I don't get you...?

The 100w will be fine - tell me anyone who can look at a 100w burning and tell! And as you say no one see's your main beams really. You should be aware that this is a theoretical risk it could harm your wiring/switch, although in over two years I've never had any problems.

Sorry I don't get you...?

Don't worry, I just meant that the bulbs you showed me are 5000k & I was thinking should I get some that are 6000k to match my HID's exactly but I've bought those you showed me now.

They come with side lights as well which I'd already bought......:ermm:

Wow you dont hang about!

I don't think you would notice the difference between 5000k mains and 6000k HID's in honesty. I didn't even use the free sidelight bulbs, I just stuck with my LED's.

Wow you dont hang about!

I don't think you would notice the difference between 5000k mains and 6000k HID's in honesty. I didn't even use the free sidelight bulbs, I just stuck with my LED's.

Your right I wouldn't notice, that's what I thought so just ordered them. I was just being over fussy.

I briefly looked at those LED side lights but couldn't be bothered to do any more research on lights so stuck with the safe option of the xenon ones.

I'm terrible when it comes to buying things, I can spend months reading reviews & writing posts in all sorts of forums & as I only have untill Christmas I thought I better get a move on :jump: