what turbo have i got already?

emery1990

Reaction score
Ive read in quite a few places that the 180 standard a3 has a k03s turbo in it, is this true, i have a 52 plate. would save a alot of money if so as planning to go for a k03s later on.

sweeet..is that a remap to 220 ( then vaiours other mods could get it to like 240 odd , or is the the safest limit to tune to ? as i thought the k03 is safe up to 220 bhp ?

sweeet..is that a remap to 220 ( then vaiours other mods could get it to like 240 odd , or is the the safest limit to tune to ? as i thought the k03 is safe up to 220 bhp ?

Yeah I think a phase one remap should be 220bhp or there abouts for sure.

Budget for a forge 007p dump valve and get yourself a decent panel filter. Be aware though that a remap will highlight any faults you may have. My throttle body was crudded up so my idle was up and down all over the place when I got my map, 5 minutes with some intake cleaner sorted it though.

T

ok thanks, if they do find a fault will they fix for you then carry on with the remap, yer im about to buy a dv, then the panel filter then the intake hose forge one, then a fmic, dont have a clue about prices for them though, £100 turborevs, but getting it fitted. then a remap

Depends what the fault is chap!. I wouldnt worry too much though, my car was scanned and there were no issues which came as a shock to me :)

yer true i cant tell anything up with it, goes like a bomb and sounds nice, part from that tube i still havnt reconnected ? god knows what it is anyway.

My car needed new coil packs as it mis fired as soon as remapped.

I got Forge DV, and panel filter in with the remap, all for £350. JBS in Chesterfield did this

I also believe all of the 180bhp models (vRS, A3 TQS, Golf GTI anniversary) have the K03S so you're sorted for 220+

Trying to persuade my mate in his Octavia vRS to get it done. Fine cars those

thats a good deal, was it a custom map, i needs a 4wd rolling rad aswell, ive been quoted £500, ill ask them if they could stick in some freebies probs a panel filter or something, getting my forge dv tomorow hopefully

Yes CC stage one. Quite happy with their service ot be fair. Ended up costing me about £500 with spark plugs and new coil packs but glad i did it.

Didn't get it rolling roaded though. I doubt i'd like the results. But i am curious. Trouble is, it starts the long process of finding more power!!!

yer true lol, yer im going to get a new intake hose, debating a fmic due to the cost of it, then a remap, and filter of course, but undecided on fmic on that ill be able to get a good 220bhp from it, dont no if ill need tt injectors though ?

FMIC is something to try once the map and other possible mods are done (exhaust?) as its so expensive! A jump to 220bhp will be a very smiley new lease of life for you!! 210-260 was for me!!

yer they seem pricey, yer ill proablly get some more airflow going in, yer i bet itll feeel well faster, 40bhp thats alot!

I'd recommend going for the map first that will put a smile on your face for sure and then start saving for a FMIC as you'll need one to keep it from heatsoaking badly.

Im getting mine fitted thid weekend and cannot wait :)

ahh kushd,, how much you paying for that. got my forge 077 and green panel filter today !! casued more trouble that good i think though !

100 quid the cooler, 250 for the hoses, polished pipe work and the mikalor clamps roll on sunday...