What tuner should i choose for my 2.0TDi 140chp with S-Tronis

Reaction score
Hello,

I want to soft chip my 2.0tdi 140hp and i'm in seryous trouble of choousing the tunner. Arroung my city - Bucharest, Romania i have two more serious tunners: Superchips and Revo Technik they can also offer me a special upgrade for the current software of the dsg.

Please advise.

Many thanks Andi

I would stick with the two names you have mentioned above unless you know of any other well know tuners with a good reputation, both Revo & Superchips are well know and respected. Personally my money would go with Revo due to a SPS box and the better figures there maps produce.

Yeah I'd say Revo tbh mate, superchips not to sure about, do they remap now or chip the cars still, sorry not up on them these days, but had revo twice & were good but I'd say very volatile, but fun aswell.

OK it will be hard for me to decide what to choose between revo and superchips :). I have one more question: Do you recommend to also choose the remap of the mechatronics from the DSG? I've seen around the web and also i have talked to my superchips dealer that they also have a new soft for the dsg gear box that permits to dsg to support much more torque without damaging the box.

Hello guys,

I have some updates to this issue. I was wondering to buy the turbo charges that comes stock on the 2.0Tdi 170hp engine and to fit it to my car. I'm plaing to do this because i want that the new remap to give me around 205-220hp. Do you think that this is safe ? I'm asking you this because i know that the new turbo is not cosiderably bigger than my current one.

Many thanks ANdi

I am fairly sure that the PD170 turbo will be a direct fit as the manifold hangs the turbo at a different angle. Best thing to do would be just to get your stock turbo made into a hybrid. Finturbo can do this for or Turbo Dynamics plus probably many other turbo shops.

Thank you very much for the info, but infortunately i'm not from UK and in the arrea where i stay there is no shop that can modify my turbo charger. i just want to know if thre 170hp burbo charger can deliver between 205 - 220 hp on my engine.

Guys i have more question, a local tuner from Bucharets\Romania told me that i should use a Hybrid turbo produced in UK by turbo technics - turbotechnics.com, my question is what do you know about them? Do they build reliable turbos?

Many thanks,
ANdi

Turbo Technics and Turbo Dynamics are two of the biggest turbo re-manufactures/hybrid manufactures in this country with a very good reputations.

Thank you!, i will order the turbo from turbo technics, could you think that i wise to also replace the intercooler, with a bigger one, and the oil radiator?

The intercooler from an S3 is a direct replacement and a very good upgrade. Do you know what spec you want for your new turbo ?

Are these the cpdes for the intercooler:
- Intercooler > 1K0 145 803 P
- Connecting hose > 1K0 145 832 S/L
- Pressure hose > 1K0 145 834 AA

Do you think that i will gain some extra hp using it?

Many Thanks ANdi

I repeat my initial question do do you think that if i fit on my car the turbo from the 2.0TDi BMN 170hp on my car will it do 200-210hp with a well made softeware?

Thank you

Since that turbo makes about 220-230 bhp on the PD170 when remapped i don`t see why you should get a good 200-210bhp on your engine.