What tracker to use???

Jacob Wigley

Reaction score
Hi! So having owned my B7 RS4 for a week now it's fair to say I'm near enough a converted fast Ford enthusiast as I absolutely love the RS4! Straight as a dime, no issues what so ever, better than a thought, but unfortunately sticks out a lot more than I thought...

I already have a Cosworth which lives on the drive so I can lock it on the drive, but not enough space for both the cossie and RS4, I have a disklok, but after being followed home by a few lads in a Saxo (managed to lead them off) it's obvious I need a tracker. Does anyone use one on theirs and whats the best and least detectable one?? Price no object!

Thanks!!

I asked the same question when I joined in and had no answer.
Think there was a reason why as you don't ask these type of questions openly, in the public.
As it is, "it is still the best and largest Audi forum", am I right?
Do your own research as you "might" only get a helping hand from someone as a pm but doubt anyone will tell you what kind, model and where is best to hide.
Blunt but true
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to consider two areas when it comes to security.

1. The security of the vehicle.
2. The security of your house.

If you only protect the car, and it attracts enough (unwanted) attention, the sad fact is that theft from the driveway is an increasing problem, usually accompanied by smashing their way into your house and stealing the keys.

I use Disklok which will discourage the majority of opportunist thieves - those not "going equipped". The best tracker on the market is Tracket Cat 5, by Tracker. There are others out there, but these guys are king.

Regarding home protection, I'm not an expert, and you can usually get free advice from your local Crime Prevention team. As a minimum I would recommend:

PIR security light.
Upgrading front and rear door security (locks themselves and/or door). Patio doors are notoriously easy to overcome.
HD security camera, overlooking your usual parking spot.
Car keys downstairs and not visible from windows/letterbox. Leave them visible to someone physically inside the property though. The last thing you want is some masked thug standing over your bed in a ski mask, demanding your car keys with menace, in front of your wife/partner/kids at stupid o'clock at night.

Last but not least, enjoy your car. If you become paranoid, then consider whether your in the right car. :racer:

Reactions: KrisKrk
I asked the same question when I joined in and had no answer.
Think there was a reason why as you don't ask these type of questions openly, in the public.
As it is, "it is still the best and largest Audi forum", am I right?
Do your own research as you "might" only get a helping hand from someone as a pm but doubt anyone will tell you what kind, model and where is best to hide.
Blunt but true
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point

You have to consider two areas when it comes to security.

1. The security of the vehicle.
2. The security of your house.

If you only protect the car, and it attracts enough (unwanted) attention, the sad fact is that theft from the driveway is an increasing problem, usually accompanied by smashing their way into your house and stealing the keys.

I use Disklok which will discourage the majority of opportunist thieves - those not "going equipped". The best tracker on the market is Tracket Cat 5, by Tracker. There are others out there, but these guys are king.

Regarding home protection, I'm not an expert, and you can usually get free advice from your local Crime Prevention team. As a minimum I would recommend:

PIR security light.
Upgrading front and rear door security (locks themselves and/or door). Patio doors are notoriously easy to overcome.
HD security camera, overlooking your usual parking spot.
Car keys downstairs and not visible from windows/letterbox. Leave them visible to someone physically inside the property though. The last thing you want is some masked thug standing over your bed in a ski mask, demanding your car keys with menace, in front of your wife/partner/kids at stupid o'clock at night.

Last but not least, enjoy your car. If you become paranoid, then consider whether your in the right car. :racer:
Thanks for the insight, house security is fine, and I'm quite sure I've bought the right car. Will look independently at trackers etc

Reactions: RAF_S7