1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to replace coilovers with?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by ben_turbo1, Mar 16, 2007.

1. ben_turbo1

ben_turbo1 Member

[Mar 16, 2007]
    Hi Everyone,

Right I've had Fk coilovers fitted to my A3 for a while now and hate them the ride is way too hard. My question is for the people out there who also felt that coilovers are too hard what did you replace yours with, I like my car quite low but want a comfortable ride, thinking of buying these http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/cata...oducts_id=1441
    Can anyone give me their comparrisson between them and FK coilovers, are the H&R also very hard or will there be a really noticeable difference.

Many Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. A3_Turbo

A3_Turbo Swaying towards IHI....

[Mar 16, 2007]
    I went the non coilover H&R Route,

got any pics of your car mate?

Jason
  4. ben_turbo1

ben_turbo1 Member

[Mar 16, 2007]
    will post some up tonight at work at the moment. Whats the ride like with the H&R sports kit?
  5. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

[Mar 16, 2007]
    what are you doing with the coilovers?

are you selling them?

how had is the ride compared to the standard setup? surely they wouldnt sell them if theyre THAT bad?
  6. Dave_Bayern

Dave_Bayern Slipping at 3.5Krpm

[Mar 16, 2007]
    I have FK Konigsport coilovers and even on the softest setting the ride was incredibly harsh.

One set of Eibach ARB's later and the car handles better than ever before and the ride is MUCH better and more comfortable, even on mid setting.

Obviously as the ARB's means the damping is shared, it changes the ride characteristics.

Have you got aftermarket ARB's? That could have the combined affect of improving the ride and cornering.