what to look out for when buying a a4t sport ??

danp

Reaction score
is there any thing that goes wrong wid these cars ? dont no to much about audis always been in to fords but like the look of the a4 iv been told the car can go over 200 bhp with not to many mods i/c chip injectors turbo zorst is this right ? thanx for any help

DAN

kool but is there any thing to look out for m8 weak turbos gear boxes ??? shonky engines lol any thing like that

DAN

well i wish id got a sport, mainly 4 the sports seats, ive uprated susp, but i find my seats hav no side support, not good when flying round roundabouts as u do. ha ha

Not sure what year they made the S4 over seas, it came in 2000 here in the US. I got mine for about $16,500 a real good deal from a private guy. Expect to pay more is the only advice I can give you - but if you look you will find a great deal. BTW - not only do they have better seats they also have a 2.7L Twin Turbo V6.

If you can get your hands on a sport model, I would get it. It would probably cost you the same price as the base. If you plan on changing your suspension yourself anyways, get a base model and do your mods yourself. The A4s are a high maintenance car compared to that of the Hondas or maybe even Ford (never owned a ford before).

Expect to pay about $16K-18K for a 97-01 A4. With a limited amount of miles hopefully.