What to expect behind rear plate?

MagpieMatt

Reaction score
Ive ordered some new plates that I can't really drill through, i'll just be sticking them on with pads etc, my current ones look like there screwed in, anyone recommend best way to either fill the holes to a good standard or have had an issue sticking a rear plate on?

Thanks

Behind the plate There will be a slight recess and two threaded screw holes so unless your boots been drilled as these didn’t line up then no need to fill them just build up the new plate with some double sided tape and stick it on

They’ll stick on fine with Pads

83a25c98351469b678bb8dfc3c1aeb1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DieselJake
Normally two screws holding it on, one of mine was rusted to hell, was a job getting it off. The screws screw into a plastic recess which should still be fine to use but I had to replace both screws once off. I screwed back on the Audi sport plate holder so shouldn’t have to take this off again in a long time and will obviously take plates that don’t have holes.

CE8AC61F B2AB 4C99 840F F383AC27AF19

Ignoring all the tape residue and the velcro hangin off (was part way through a machine polish) this is what to expect underneath. Shortned plate covers it fine after.
26899632508_24eacacd6b_h.jpg

That's one Shiny car. What's your secret?

4210b76474a4ee6fa59c72710b6d0482.jpg

Machine polished a few months ago, always wash it myself with a snow foam then two bucket method. Try my best !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine had a big foam pad behind it , easy enough to remove though

Used no nails tape to re a fix

Reactions: Meemo