what to do.

SQ_lover

Reaction score
i'm tyring to decide what i should do for my braking system, i'm kinda partial to brembo as i've had nothing but good luck with them. i've seen a lot of newer products that claim to be better, what are everyone's opinions?

also, i'm thinking of swithing over to a set of 18's and wondered, would a set of RS4 or RS6 wheels with the 255 tires fit or would they rub to much? the big reason i ask is because within the next 12-18 months i'm going to swap a 2.7T into my car.(would like a 4.2 biturbo but don't think it would fit, plus the weight factor)

any help would be great.

Wow! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif
2.7T, 4.2 biturbo!
Sounds like a beast hmmmmm.......I would love to have a beast at home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifthe things I could do with it and to it!!
But upgrading the brake system is one of the smartest things you can do for your self /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif That way you can stop safely say going around 120-150mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif (LUCKY YOU)

oh yeah, brakes to me are a must.

i rode in a camaro the other day that had stock brakes and was scared stiff.

anybody want to help me out to figure if a set of 255 tires would fit under a TT?

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a beast hmmmmm.......I would love to have a beast at home the things I could do with it and to it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

god you walked right into that one! hmmmm! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

not sure how to reply to that one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SQ_lover said:
oh yeah, brakes to me are a must.

i rode in a camaro the other day that had stock brakes and was scared stiff.

anybody want to help me out to figure if a set of 255 tires would fit under a TT?

[/ QUOTE ]

a 225..!

well to match the same radius a the stanard 18" which is 225/40/18

on a 255 it would be 255/30/19

a 255/35/18 is the same diameter, and a 265/35/18 is slightly bigger, both being under acceptable tolerances.

the question is not if there is a tire that will work, but can a 255 or 265 mounted on a wheel fit in the wheel well without rubbing?.

Never heard of anyone trying but 15mm spacers on the front will sometimes rub at full lock. 40mm wider tyres sound linke they may have the same effect.

Gren

Just found out for you.. 255 tyres will rub on the side walls and you won't be able to get full lock. And according to Audi you would need to upgrade the wheel bearings to the latest spec that they fitted to all 2002-on TTs running 18"s as standard. Prior to 2002 the wheel bearings will wear quickly when used with oversized wheels (ie anything more than 18s and on wide tyres).

In any case, serious wheel arch modifications will be needed for 255!! Apparently 235 section will just fit without too much concern.

Tone

Photo looks like somthing out of Miami Vice a few years ago

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

yeah well, didn't you know I'm really John Donson, the chinese film star??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif