1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do?

scr8pdo Jul 27, 2013

1. scr8pdo

scr8pdo Member

Hi Ive had my 1997 A4 B5 TDi Avant, I bought it with a few issues but nought serious, the car had been chipped and up to about 80 mph it runs great, after that it feels strangled / choked up, I put this down to the inlet/EGR being clogged to ****, now there are a few little niggles like a bit of a oil leak and a leaky R/W/cyl, the car has done some miles too at 208k, but it stills sits/looks well in Mica blue and biscuit leather.

But iam in 2 minds now, I seen some gorgeous SAAB 9-5 Aero estate cars which offer a hell of a lot car for the money, packed full of toys etc plus tons of torque and BHP :)

My questions are, would a good decoke and a few tweaks alter my TDi yeald decent results I would appreciate or have much more fun in it?

Or do you think il miss my B5, its a nice looking motor with itd coilovers round and its 235/35/19"s on I dare say I would miss its good looks along wits awesome MPG vs the low 20 even high teens of the SAAB Aero?????? HELP!

2. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Sod the the saab and get a TQS if your only going to get 20mpg youll get more from the TQS and on the plus youll have the beaut of quattro at your feet :) !!!!

3. scr8pdo

scr8pdo Member

Hi now that's sounds like a plan :)

4. jbh

jbh TDi lover

have you had it scanned for any codes?
    where abouts are you?