What To Do Sell Or Fix (pics)

huizit

Reaction score
Hi first real post but been on here a while. Basically my water pump failed causing cam belt to jam.
Its a 2.0 fsi if there are any parts going cheap.

Just in two minds cut my losses and sell or fix.
20140622 160430
20140622 160545

Do you know if there is any internal damage inside the engine? Bent valves, damage to pistons. Has it overheated from the water pump failure? Head gasket gone, partial seizure inside the engine?

No mate it hasnt overheated but im not sure of any internal damage as i was driving it and it stalled then we took cambelt cover off and can see the gear (if thats the right word) for the water pump that gets turned by the cambelt has snapped off and i assume that jammed the cambelt

Not too good news if it stalled, my understanding is the engines are an interefence engine so if the cambelt does break the valves will hit the pistons whilst running, sounds like that may have happened. Would be worth while getting the valves checked either with a borescope through the inlet manifold or the spark plug hole to check for any bent valves or get a new cambelt and water pump on and rotate the engine to see if the engine stops during the rotation.

Thats a shame, cant offer any technical advice but if you do decide to sell, i could be intested in some body panels and/ or interior.

For example, alloys, rear bumper etc...