What to do next?

Markb

Reaction score
I keep on changing my plans, but what would you do next?

1) Engine tuning
FMIC, Straight through exhaust and chip. If so what FMIC and exhaust? (All the essentials will be in place if I do decide to go down the IHI route latter on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

2) Suspension and brake upgrade
Koni shocks, Eibach springs, Eibach ARB’s Powerflex bushes, Red Stuff pads all round

3) Bodwork
Need to get the damage on my car sorted, but not sure what to do yet.
Euro: smoothed front bumper, bump strips removed, side skirts, smooth tail gate + bumper and spoiler

4) ICE
I’ve got about £5K’s worth sitting in my cupboard all I need is a new head unit and to build it all out.

5) Other
Any other ideas?

Oh yeah I was thinking of going down the in your face route with different bumpers and bigger wheels, but then again I want it to look standard ish and want to be able to drive it hard without having to worry about bumpers or rubbing tyres if I am going to tune it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Oh I don’t know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

thats some list uve got there, im sure u would like to do it all, i think the smoothed tail gate is a bit much IMHO but as long as you would like it then thats all that matters i like option 1 & 2 personally....

cheers tony

what have you got ICE-wise...?

I'd get that in there, nothing like a nice blast with quality music playing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you've got 5G's worth, shame not to use it....

Thought about the body work, but it's not a case that it needs doing. So I might leave it for now and start on the engine, suspension and brakes.

quote]jojo said:
Mark, I'd sort out the bodywork first mate, before putting any ICE in the car. Don't want too many people knowing what you have in there. Might aswell gor for the smooth 'euro' look in the process and possibly an RS front bumper.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
1) Engine tuning
FMIC, Straight through exhaust and chip. If so what FMIC and exhaust? (All the essentials will be in place if I do decide to go down the IHI route latter on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

NOBODY make a FMIC for the A3... I custom did mine. There are golf kits that fit, but very few and are all way too expensive IMO. Allard do a great FMIC for the golf, but im unsure if it will fit the A3... but im looking into it.

[ QUOTE ]

2) Suspension and brake upgrade
Koni shocks, Eibach springs, Eibach ARB’s Powerflex bushes, Red Stuff pads all round

[/ QUOTE ]

Suspension is a good idea... I wish mine was done, but its too costly at the moment. Going to change the shocks shortly though. I would leave out the pads, and save up for a big brake setup... The A3 brakes are utter sh*te and pads alone wont do much.

[ QUOTE ]

3) Bodwork
Need to get the damage on my car sorted, but not sure what to do yet.
Euro: smoothed front bumper, bump strips removed, side skirts, smooth tail gate + bumper and spoiler

[/ QUOTE ]

RS3 front bumper, side skirts. personally, i dont like the smoother tailgate look...doesnt suite the A3/S3. Just leave it standard with an S3 spoiler...maybe an S3 bumper.

[ QUOTE ]

4) ICE
I’ve got about £5K’s worth sitting in my cupboard all I need is a new head unit and to build it all out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sell it. weight saving too (if your bothered about that kind of thing)

[ QUOTE ]

5) Other
Any other ideas?

Oh yeah I was thinking of going down the in your face route with different bumpers and bigger wheels, but then again I want it to look standard ish and want to be able to drive it hard without having to worry about bumpers or rubbing tyres if I am going to tune it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
Oh I don’t know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the above will make for a subtly 'in yer face' motor... Mine kind of is like that, makes people look, but not in a "thats hideous" kind of way. Im bored of people 'trying' to race me...normally chavvy little f*****S in they cavved up pimp mobiles... never works though.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
ianhg said:
if you can afford all the mods mark,why dont you buy an s3 ? just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be no fun. I can guarantee that he would not be anywhere near as happy with a standardish S3 over a car with the above spec... it just wouldnt do it!

Rich