1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do 1st?

colemanlee76 Oct 9, 2006

1. colemanlee76

colemanlee76 Suspicious

Alright all. I took delivery of my 2001 A4 1.8 turbo sport 4 weeks ago after owning a VR6 for 5 years. Now after 4 weeks driving (and giving the A4 a chance) ive noticed it doesnt have the same response when i want to put my foot down. Getting down to business, what mod can i do 1st that will improve the situation bearing in mind ive only approx. 500quid to spend

can anyone out there recommend what they've done to their cars. I'd appreciate ne advise

cheers

2. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Remap = £500... that will make it a new car to drive!

3. james0808

james0808 Active Member

Remap £225.Makes a huge difference and gives you about £300 to spend on a diverter valve,filter,TIP.Will be nice to drive then.:thumbsup:

4. MiguelMcTyson

MiguelMcTyson I'll make him an offer he can't refuse

I ran a 2001 1.8T and if I were you I would take it to Amd tomorrow, I waited 6 months and afterwards all I could think was I missed out for that whole time.

5. colemanlee76

colemanlee76 Suspicious

Thanks for the input guys. As i live on the coast down in Kent who's my best bet to get a re-map done on it? James where can i get these items you mentioned

6. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

7. james0808

james0808 Active Member

I got my remap done by chipped-uk.He's a sponsor on uk-mkiv
    http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/151/ShowForum.aspx
    Give him a ring to see if he has anyone near you.
    As for the rest just shop around to see who can supply you with the bits.There is always bits on ebay too.

8. colemanlee76

colemanlee76 Suspicious

Thanks for that. Ive just looked on Awesome GTi's website and they're offering an APR stage 1 re-map for 375.00. Which will take the BHP to approx. 200 does this sound about right? Ive also looked on the DPM website (thanks for the links!) who offer most things for the engine.

9. james0808

james0808 Active Member

If i remember right you need to add vat to awesomes prices.

10. colemanlee76

colemanlee76 Suspicious

Yes you do need to add VAT as ive just purchased a Forge Diverter Valve. cost me 90quid including VAT and P&P. Looked at ChippedUK's website and I think theres a dealer in south london so ill be giving them a call soon

11. Stringster

Stringster Missed gear

12. MiguelMcTyson

I think I've still got the rolling road print out somewhere, I'll try and look it out for you, pretty sure it was quite a bit over 200bhp though.

13. colemanlee76

colemanlee76 Suspicious

good stuff cheers guys. ive heard of big boys toys so ill check em out thanks

14. MiguelMcTyson

Found the info on my re-map, not able to attach but I have posted in my gallery.

15. colemanlee76

colemanlee76 Suspicious

Thanks for that. Im quite impressed with the power gain that they acheived did you notice any improvement/loss in fuel economy

16. MiguelMcTyson

Didn't take much notice of the mpg to be honest. But who cares anyway. I'll drive an electric car when I'm 60.

17. bigally

bigally Member

chip & lower it