What the is procedure to CODE A3 8P to single XENON straight SWAP from Halogen

thebedscompany

Reaction score
Hi guys finally done the conversion today, from halogen headlamp to genuine Audi a3 single xenon headlamps, everything was plug and play no need for the kufatech harness as the car harness pins matched and clipped straight into the headlamps.
However I have one problem lights work fine when car is not started once the car is started headlights flicker, i suppose i need to do some coding on the car have acess to the Ross-tech vagcom software but i don’t have a clue what to do with it or how on earth to code the car so any help will be grateful guys.

will be post some pics of the conversion soon

I step by step guide would be excellent

Yes you need to code the headlights. People complain about aftermarket HID kits causing flickering/bulb warning - even the OEM stuff does until you code the car for xenons with VAGCOM/VCDS!! Sounds like you have the early single xenon type which is why they plug straight in (the bi-xenon has a 14-pin plug so needs a bit of re-wiring).

Only one thing needs changing;

Open Central Electrics module
Click Long coding helper
Byte 21 - change this to Single Xenon + Halogen Main Beam (12 from memory). There is a drop-down list of all the headlight types to make it really easy.

When this is done the flickering when the engine is started will stop and the bulb warnings will go out too.

Just came to code mine and byte 21 is empty? Does this mean I can't code my xenons.. It's 2004