What the difference between SE and Sport?

audisean

Reaction score
Hi peeps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

I have been looking at Audi A4 1.9 TDi or 2.5 TDI on either B5 or B6, depending on good value for money with low-mileage and all that....

I have notice on some B6 TDi got Sport version....is it rare and what the difference? Interior-wise or performance-wise?

Ta in advance for any advice, comments or whatever.....

Sean
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Hi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have an SE. The SE gets standard DIS, cruise control and some other bits, depending on model year. The Sport gets sports seats and sports suspension, and some ther bits, depending on the model year.

Cheers

Hingy

SE should also have electric rear windows. Didn't think cruise was part of the SE package.

Sport should have seats with electric lumbar support, lowered sports suspension, 17" wheels and the bodykit. I think the 6 cylinder models get the electric rear windows as standard

No difference in performance. The package is available with any engine.

Dave

Hi I have an SE which doesn't have electric rear windows. As I said, it depends on the model year as they added more and more standard equipment, and also more equipement to the Sport and SE packs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And my car does have cruise control. It is a 2002 model. BTW the Sport and Se are not rare.

Dont think its particularly rare, but it was a cost option..

Big big difference to drive, so hunt one down and drive it before you decide - the wheels are wider too, handling is well up on the SE model - I'm biased cos I went for the sport, but having driven a colleagues SE a lot, I have no regrets at all (both 1.9 tdi130s)

3 spoke steering wheel rather than 4 (IMO a big step up!)

Tyres are more expensive tho.. :-( .. but worth it!! :)

Macduff, I have electric rears on mine.. you may be right though, as mine was in Audi Central stock! I also have the auto mirrors, auto lights, armrest and symphony, not sure what of that lot was the sport options..

What you dont get on the sport as standard is the DIS.. you get a limited version only, not a big issue.

Pics of sport here : http://woodbridge.fastnet.co.uk/audi/

Hope this helps, Ben

I have a non SE or sport but have a couple of cost options such as the Cruise control. In the process of fitting the sport suspension. Already got the wheels. I want DIS though.

so a quick question...
is the SE spec better than the Sport spec in terms of goodies?
i ask this because i've been reading around and some people are saying otherwise, so little confused now :keule::blink:

i always thought its

Basic
Sport
SE
S Line

have i been wrong all along? lol

Last edited:
options vary, main difference to me is one looks a damn sight better. I'd go sport all the way