1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what stereo can i change this for

tdi-man Jul 21, 2013

1. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

just wondering what head unit I can change this for ?

audi-a3-concert-II-head-unit.jpg

2. TDI140

TDI140 Well-Known Member

I hate mine aswel any minor scratch on cd it stops working

3. JohnE

JohnE 2005 A3 Sport 1.6 FSI

Without wanting to be a smart ****, it depends how much work/expense you want to go to. I changed mine for an aftermarket single Din unit, but it wasn't a five minute job and it needed some extra wiring and a canbus interface.

Mattyj6969 likes this.
  4. Mikemc

Mikemc Scooby Slayer VCDS Map User

Depends on budget, you could do a double din conversion, and go for rnse? And if rant confident in your own work guys like NHN will sort you out

5. Persian

Persian CEO Audi S3

keeping oem clean look? then would recommend getting the double din fitted the actual cage should be about £20-40 as I saw on eBay and either a concert/rnse radio depending on budget. Concert will cost you about £40-100 depending on condition and rnse over £400 I assume.

Wirings would be easy if I have dealt with audio/in car entertainment before if not with a bit of guide and help should be easy enough.

Apart from that you could of course to for a single din aftermarket unit! I personally love oem.

6. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

cool may go for rnse at some point then will keep an I open for cage

7. JohnE

JohnE 2005 A3 Sport 1.6 FSI

Don't wish to rain on your parade, but it's more than just a cage - you need to resite that switch panel and climate - quickest and cleanest way to do that is by using the double-din parts - do a search on double-din if that's the way you want to go.

8. Mikemc

Mikemc Scooby Slayer VCDS Map User

I converted my dash to double in under 3 hours. I still need a bit of trim to finish it off but not fussed at the minute just waiting for one to pop up on eBay

tdi-man likes this.