What spacers!? (size)

Šubler

Reaction score
Hi,

like many of you, me and my car came to the point where spacers are in question, so i could not find any helpful threads on this forum regarding S3 8l chassis.

Can you guys post some pictures of your own cars? i will be lowering mine with springs - 25mm but i will keep org alloys (17 inch).

Can you guys suggest how thick spacers should i get? mind: i would like to drive without any rubing on the fenders.

Tnx for your help!

It depends what look you are going for, weather you want the wheels flush with the arches or still poking in a little.

Obviously if you have it flush, you have more chance of rubbing..

I personally have 25mm spacers on the rear and 20mm up front. The front is flush with the arches but the rear is not.. I'm on coilovers and lowered with only one set of adjustable rear arms, so you need to take camber into consideration if you are lowering aswel. But mine does not scrub even with a full load.

Personally I am going to fit another set of adjustable rear arms, to get the camber set up properly and then RE measure. I suggest you do the same, lower it, get the camber sorted if you are fitting adjustable arms and then simply use a ruler and measure off the tyre to the arch and see how much room to play with you have..

Reactions: pumpstick
It depends what look you are going for, weather you want the wheels flush with the arches or still poking in a little.

Obviously if you have it flush, you have more chance of rubbing..

I personally have 25mm spacers on the rear and 20mm up front. The front is flush with the arches but the rear is not.. I'm on coilovers and lowered with only one set of adjustable rear arms, so you need to take camber into consideration if you are lowering aswel. But mine does not scrub even with a full load.

Personally I am going to fit another set of adjustable rear arms, to get the camber set up properly and then RE measure. I suggest you do the same, lower it, get the camber sorted if you are fitting adjustable arms and then simply use a ruler and measure off the tyre to the arch and see how much room to play with you have..

are you on OEM 17¨ ?

you have any pics?

tnx for help guys!

Not on 17" Avus but I have on 18" RSTT which work out essentially the same offset

20161202-IMG_4702-Edit.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tj 0785
Yes I'm on oem 17"

I don't know the measurements of how low I am. On vmaxx coilovers which are maxed out at the back but still have a slight gap in the arch. Front are abit higher

Bilstien B8 and H&R -25mm... did have Apex -30mm but they were too crashy...

<tuffty/>
Sorry to reserect an old post, trying to get my S3 to have very similar stance to yours tuffy
What spacers do you have on that and what is the ride like?
I’m old now and don’t want it too harsh

Sorry to reserect an old post, trying to get my S3 to have very similar stance to yours tuffy
What spacers do you have on that and what is the ride like?
I’m old now and don’t want it too harsh
10mm front, 15mm rear... ride is sublime for something as planted tbh...

<tuffty/>

10mm front, 15mm rear... ride is sublime for something as planted tbh...

<tuffty/>
Perfect cheers best get saving, dampers are more than I thought they would be but I guess you get what you pay for.

can I ask whether having spacers have caused any premature wear and tear on the bearings etc? I am considering 15/20 on my TT which brings the tyres in line with the arches.