what sort of price to expect for spraying a brand new front bumper?

quattro1

Reaction score
ok just got a new bumper from audi, its got primer impregnated into it while being made or something!? the sales guy said all it needs is a sand and spray, what sort of price should i be looking to pay to have it done?? just so i know roughly what a good price is :w00t:

I work at an Audi bodyshop and we'd charge about £150+vat, so depending on who you get to do it (if you want any comeback etc) thats a rough idea

The body shop I use would charge £150 for a front bumper.

ring around .. but ive just paid £90 that was with me preping though but didnt take me long !!
but yours is brand new so shouldnt be too much :)

depends who does it. I know a guy who will do a full respray for £200 and is actually a good job! £100 would be a fair price in my mind

depends who does it. I know a guy who will do a full respray for £200 and is actually a good job! £100 would be a fair price in my mind

does he fancy my custom :) .. £200 is very very cheap that cant be including paint ? or engine bay , sills etc doing :-0

I would absolutely love to have a look at one of his jobs!! £100 inc paint= Bargain .
Buy cheap Buy twice !!!!!!!

Thanks for all the replies! So between 100 - 150 is about right then!

Cheers everyone!!

he will do a blow over...but if you strip the car down, no windows etc he will spray to wherever you tell him, but if you don't remove something he will just tape it. so we normally take shells to him and he will do the inside too! £200 includes for a base colour in acrylic. He will do 2 pac too but I have to buy the paint. He does ALL of the local taxis, vans etc. It is a very good job for the money, but not quite the same as a £2000 job! obviously. but good for older cars. He has a long waiting list too!

heres some examples of my mates he did for him. like i said, not show winning but amazing for the price! didn't even charge extra to do the roof black!
n506356696_735686_2802.jpg

not great, but it is a very old wobbly van!
n520981422_176238_2939.jpg

n520981422_461700_7358.jpg

n520981422_461701_7691.jpg

so would be £200 with no prep work ..open the bonnet and get 2 tone ;-) haha .. probally ok for an old car like you said but wouldnt pay less then £900 / £1000 for a full spray on my s3 ..

I paid £150 for a rear bumper, taken off already for sprayer.

Any suggestions in the North West? I seem to have been quoted £250 for either bumper and could really do with having both done :(

Think I will be protecting the front bumper this year, sick of the stone chips and the paint protection really has come on leaps and bounds.

ah shame ste. i know a guy over in blackburn jd09 but it invariably means leaving ur car with him overnight. reasonable prices and open to being haggled down, and does a good job!

ah shame ste. i know a guy over in blackburn jd09 but it invariably means leaving ur car with him overnight. reasonable prices and open to being haggled down, and does a good job!

Fancy putting it up or PMing me lad?

Any suggestions in the North West? I seem to have been quoted £250 for either bumper and could really do with having both done :(

Think I will be protecting the front bumper this year, sick of the stone chips and the paint protection really has come on leaps and bounds.

Know someone on the Wirral be about £190 for both bumpers .. Decent job though !!