1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What size wheels can go on my A3 safely?

buel Feb 23, 2013

1. buel

buel Member

Hi,
    I believe my Y reg A3 1.9 D 110hp has the standard 15 inch wheels. Please can I ask what size wheels I can safely fit without any problems? Im thinking 16, 17 or even 18 inch?

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Anything upto 19s will fit, stick with 8" wide and ET35 offset, and 225 tyres and you will be fine.

3. S3_NDJ

S3_NDJ Member

Hi there im am currently running 19"s on mine yesterday, they seem to be fitting ok havent heard any scrapes yet but is it worth getting them on some spacers ? is it essential?

4. buel

buel Member

Thanks for that. Best place to look for them? Fleabay?

5. buel

buel Member

Hello anyone?

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

S3's are different, you have a lot more room, I presume you are running 235/35 tyres?. Based on an 19x8.5j rim with ET 35 offset, I could comfortably run 10mm F and 15mm R spacers with no clearance issues.

Ebay, our classified, gumtree, alloy wheel shops, there's loads of places you can buy alloys from! lol

HI! :jester: