1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What size alloys 18/19?

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by AudiSport, Sep 11, 2011.

1. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

[Sep 11, 2011]
    I've decided I really want to fit a set of RS4 style alloys to my A4, its the later design that I'm after that are fitted to the B7 RS4's. However I have a few questions;

- Should I go for genuine 18'' alloys from Ebay that don't come up very often, and when they do you can guarantee they need some sort of refurbishment - or should I just buy a set of either 18'' or 19'' replicas?

- I like to keep my car OEM looking as pictured below, however sometime the RS4's in 18'' can look a little small. What size should I go for, 18 or 19''?

- And finally, should I go graphite grey or silver? I hate black - too chav for me.

[​IMG]
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. herbie

herbie Member

[Sep 11, 2011]
    Yeah 18's will look too small, well they do on my car. Id go for 19" RS4 reps. If I keep my car I'll be putting on 19's after winter.
  4. avant1980

avant1980 Member

[Sep 11, 2011]
    If Yr gonna get reps make sure u get really good ones wld recommend Bm autosport, if Yr gonna put 18s on it will need lowered fir it to look right, that's the way I have mine. I think silver or graphite will def go wit yrs
  5. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

[Sep 11, 2011]
    19"s and LOW!, will look hot trust me, oh and go for silver, looks classy.
  6. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

[Sep 11, 2011]
    Hmm, really don't want to start lowering the car... Will 19" look that bad on standar height?
    Any pics lads? ; )
  7. Marrow

Marrow Member

[Sep 12, 2011]
    Why dont you want to lower it ? H&R`s actualy ride better than standard sline if you are worried about ride comfort. Before you spend your cash on wheels why not lower it and space out the s4`s it will look much better ! Buying rep wheels can be a mine field if you have proper S4 alloys I would be staying with them not swapping them for reps that most of the time are of cheap quality.
  8. unikarl

unikarl Member

[Sep 12, 2011]
    19's will still look fine on standard suspension setup. I went for 18's to keep the ride as smooth as I could but even I admit that 19's look better.

If you fancy some BBS CH's we could swap or if your planning on selling your wheels can I have first refusal? I've been after those wheels on yours for ages.
  9. Stepho

Stepho Member

[Sep 12, 2011]
    I'm currently running 19" RS4's on my B7 Avant s-line. Its now got coilovers fitted but previous to that I ran the 19's on std suspension and it sat fine. Personally I think the 18's are to small. If your after OEM RS4 style wheels you can try and pick-up some 19" A6 Le-Mans alloys. You will pay for them but make sure they have a lip around the outer diameter as this is where you can tell copies from origionals. Posted up my before and after pic on 19" RS4 Reps.

std suspension
    [​IMG]

coilovers fitted
    [​IMG]