1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should the misses drive?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dazzatdisport, Nov 11, 2004.

1. dazzatdisport

dazzatdisport Member

My grilfriend wants to get rid of her 206cc, problem is she is not sure what she wants next. She has about 10k to 12k to spend and has to be a supermini. She is really doing my head in now, and after a few of my suggestions (mainly cars from the VAG group) she still can't decide.

Could you post some thoughts on what you would buy in her position so I can keep my sanity.

Cheers

Darren
  2. imported_Yaseen

imported_Yaseen Guest

new Mini I assume would be the best to go for by far.
  3. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

Lupo GTI !
  4. imported_RastaS4

imported_RastaS4 Guest

Audi A3 1.8T (used of course) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G
  5. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

Either a Mini Cooper/S (not VAG i know), Lupo GTi or Polo GTi. All good cars!

Rich
  6. dbm

dbm Active Member

My wife has a Cooper S. It's a cracking car - almost as good as an Audi. The performance is OK and the handling is excellent. You might struggle to get one for 12k though.

Cheers,
    Dan
  7. tennisguy

tennisguy Member

I think you should go for Mini /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif. It is a great car which is suitable for misses. At least, thats what I think.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

8. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Just thought I'd tell you guys that my sister has a Mini Cooper S, and it drinks Optimax like there no tomorrow, thirtier than my chipped S3 anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I'd go for the Lupo or Polo GTi's personally, or even a Seat Ibiza Cupra... then chip it to 200 bhp for personal use over the weekends /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
  9. dazzatdisport

dazzatdisport Member

Thanks for all the feedback, she is test driving a cooper tomorrow so we shall see.

Cheers everyone

p.s. I personally like the Fabia Rs
  10. RacingTeatray

RacingTeatray Freezing in Moscow

My girlfriend currently has an R-reg Clio 1.4 which she seems to manage to make move faster than an RAF Tornado on reheat but she's just got a new job earning £80k pa (jammy!) so I suggested a new car might be in order and asked what she might want.

Came the unexpected reply: an early 1970's Porsche 911. Apparently she thinks they are cool. I am actually vetoing the idea on health and safety grounds! Perhaps an early Boxster instead.....
  11. Strick

Strick Member

[ QUOTE ]
    a3derv1 said:
    p.s. I personally like the Fabia Rs

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what i was going to suggest. She needs to at least consider it and take one for a spin. Cracking little cars.
  12. imported_RastaS4

imported_RastaS4 Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    RacingTeatray said:
    Came the unexpected reply: an early 1970's Porsche 911. Apparently she thinks they are cool. I am actually vetoing the idea on health and safety grounds! Perhaps an early Boxster instead.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there...you see! You're girlfriend is OLD School...Really cool! I love the idea. I had a porsche 913 (1969 model I think). It was very nice! But now, try to convince her to get a 993 turbo, for nice weekend trips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

G
  13. dazzatdisport

dazzatdisport Member

Took the misses to test drive a cooper today and there is some very bad news. She wants a cooper s. Very nice with good spec including the 17" wheels and leather. Thanks for everyones input.
  14. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I was going to suggest a lupo gti also but the mini is also cool! Good choice!

Rich.