1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I be looking to pay? I WANT AN A3!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Joe90k, May 18, 2009.

1. Joe90k

Joe90k Speed doesn't Kill!

[May 18, 2009]
    Hello,

Cut a long story short, I currently have a MK4 Golf GT TDi and am looking for something a little newer and quicker. I hate the MK5 golf's shape but want the engine and I absolutely love the shape and interior of the A3, so its the obvious choice (The insurance is also less than my golf atm).

I am looking for a 2.0TDi S-Line DSG 140PS obviously from 2003 onwards.

What sort of money do these go for because there are a few around but they seem to range from £6.5k - £18k depending on year and spec.

Any other advice on where to find one on the cheap is muchly appreciated. I have around £8k - £9k to spend is that optimistic?

Cheers
    Joe
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Wai-Fan

Wai-Fan Member

[May 18, 2009]
    I think for 8k to 9k you can probably easily afford a decent 2003 on A3. Think you should have a look on Autotrader, quite a few examples there. You can also try the Audi Approved but I doubt there will be any there as they usually have the better examples.

Anyways, here's a few I found that seem to be alright.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...hicleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=04

I personally wouldn't go for this one, as it is the basic spec and you barely get any features with it.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=54

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2004&vehicleRegLetter=53

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2006&vehicleRegLetter=55
  4. Boydie

Boydie Boycie VCDS Map User

[May 18, 2009]
    2003 A3 you can get for sub 8k

Some are going for as low as 6-6.5k!!

You could probably purchase a facelift (2005) s-line for around 9k but check the trader/piston heads etc...
  5. Joe90k

[May 18, 2009]
    I would be willing to spend 9k on a facelift S-Line the steering wheel and front is different, what else did they change?

Is it worth the extra money?

What do you think about auctions? I know a lot of A3's are company cars, perhaps a fleet sale?

Really craving this car now :(

Joe
  6. FL1X

FL1X Member

[May 19, 2009]
    in all honesty go to a dealer and do it that way, i got a 2005 (55) a few months back and every little niggle ive just swung past the dealer and they have fixed it on the spot and its going in on wednesday for a full service and to look at the turbo as its developed a whine. if you buy out right you can do as you please with it mod wise, but any changed engine componants wont be covered by warranty.

I payed i would say about £1k over the odds for the car in this current climate but i still got it for well under trade price, and with the piece of mind that for the next year its not my problem if somthing goes wrong with it.

F
  7. Joe90k

[May 31, 2009]
    Golf is now gone. Got 9K as my max budget now. Looking for an S-Line DSG 2.0 TDi with reasonable mileage in either Phantom Black, Marritius Blue or Dolphin Grey. Don't mind if it is pre-facelift. But there are a few about. Going to blackbushe this week hopefully to see whats there.

Any advice?

Cheers,
    Joe
  8. AKfreak

AKfreak New Member

[Jun 2, 2009]
    I have a silver chipped face lifted 03 2.0tdi s-lined body kitted to keep the insurance down A3 if your still interested? 17" audi rims FSH new cam belt fiited only 3 weeks ago with 125k on the clock. plus the original body work.

Email me if your still interested I only want £6700, good reason for sale, my mother in-law aka the DRAGON!:scared2: wants us out the house!

Basically i think the car is where you want it... All done for you. She's a beut!
  9. APL TDi

APL TDi Member

[Jun 2, 2009]
    PM Sent