What should be included in the audi timing belt kit

vexorg

Reaction score
I ordered a timing belt kit and made sure it contained all rollers and tensioners when ordering. I got a kit that includes the belt, and 2 rollers. Should the spring piston part be included? Kit number supplied was 06A 198 199 B.

My car is a 2002 1.8 (non-turbo), is the spring part re-useable?

Audi garage also said they never renew the engine mount bolts, not too sure if I trust them.

Assume you mean tensioner, yes it should be replaced.

Audi garage? Are the a real Audi garage or one that just repairs Audi's as I'm sure an Audi dealership will change engine mount bolts.

I got this from them:

a3_timingbelt_kit.jpg

Big box has 06A 198 119 B

Inside:
belt has 06B 109 119 A
Tensioner roller has 06B 109 243 F
Small roller has 06B 109 244

They are a proper audi dealer, even from the audi.co.uk dealer section, "Ayr Audi". It took a bit to convince them I needed the engine mount bolts, they say they never supply them and even asked the mechanic who say they never replace them.

The part you're referring to is the "belt tensioner damper" and is not a part of the timing belt replacement kit. It's a good idea to replace it, although Audi will not replace it on a belt change unless you ask them to, usually.

Part number 06B 109 477, (should be).

Looks like this.

damper.gif

Should have just bought the contitech kit.

Comes with all of the above, plus the damper, and only costs about 70quid.

All the engine mount bolts are supposed to be replaced every time there removed as there stretch bolts but to be honest I don't think anyone ever does replace them. I work for VW and we never do we just retorque them and nip them a little further. Never had any problems and never seen one snap or strip threads unless it was hammered in with an air gun on the wonk!