What sat nav have I got?

TURBOTRONICS

Reaction score
I know this is in the wrong place but iv had no reply in the sat nav section as there is not very many people watching

I have a 2003 s4 avant with Audi navigation plus sat nav but I want a manual for it but not knowing what model number it is Im having a little difficulty in finding one to down load

Any one know how I can fined out what model it is and where I can get a manual for it?
Thanks Ian

audi-rns-d-rns-e-43704.jpg

If you have an RNS-E then I have a complete pdf copy of the manual I can send you. PM me your e-mail and I'll send it tonight.

its over 16mb so will be too big to email so you'll have to send him a disc speedy. let me know and I might be able to upload to my host site for download ;)

RNS-D is the original CD based SatNav system, as you can see with a 4:3 screen, the later RNS-E evolved into a DVD based SatNav system with 16:9 screen.
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, the RNS-E is used on current TT models. A revised RNS-E system is used on Lamborghini's.
On all new A4/A6/A5/Q's/A8 they use an updated system to the RNS-E system, which is called Multmedia Management System (MMS) - this has a SatNav option with DVD but the disks are incompatible between RNS-E & MMS.
MMS screen is 16:9 but split from the head unit - up higher on the dash with controls around the gearstick area.

no but i managed to have a look on sister in laws lap top and i carnt fined it any where about how to tirn the blue tooth on for the phone

That is probably an earlier version of the manual. Not all of them had bluetooth phone instructions in. Why don't you order one from Audi or send a PM to pjmspeedy. I think they are about £12-15, don't quote me on that though.
Are you sure you have oem bluetooth fitted?

Last edited:
Iv managed to down load this pdf now and have a quick look thought it and no mention of the blue tooth
But when iv been looking through the members gallery iv seen a few photos of the same sat nav in similar aged cars with the blue tooth symbol at the bottom of the screen
How can I do this ?
And one more thing iv noticed is that the manual says the card slots only go up to 256mb cards has any one used bigger and if so what size have you used what will it go up to

Bluetooth can be retrofitted, not sure if the search facility is still down but if you have a mooch around you will find loads of threads on this subject.....around £440 fitted by hazzydayz

http://www.vwcruise.com/17.html

SD cards... you will have no trouble with standard 2gb sd cards. Some 4gb cards work but there is also a 400 limit per card so I just use 2gb's in mine :)

Last edited: