What products to use and in what order?

technics100

Reaction score
Hi,

I have built up the below list of products, but its getting confusing as when and what to use in the correct order. I recently clayed the car and did the Meguiars 3 stage system. since then my brother bought me the Duragloss stuff, SO I'm not sure what to use and when. Any help is appreciated.

Autoglym

Shampoo
Super resin polish
All the other autoglym stuff – tyre, glass etc etc

Meguiars

STEP 1 - Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
STEP 2 – Deep Crystal Polish
STEP 3 - Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax
NXT speed detailer
Clay bar

Duragloss
Shampoo
Polish Bonding Agent
Duragloss TPP ( Total Performance Polish )

It's often easier to map the products onto the processes you will follow throughout the year (this makes more sense of what to use and when). Here is a general list of what you should be doing and how often...

Major detail (once a year) - Wash > Clay/Clean > Polish > Protect > Quick Detail

Minor detail (1-2 times a year) - Wash > Clay/Clean > Protect > Quick Detail

Top up detail (every 2-3 months) - Wash > Protect > Quick Detail

Regular wash (weekly) - Wash > Quick Detail

Some of your products fall into the same category, so you will have to leave some out. For example, the SRP can replace the Megs Stage 1 & 2 and will give far better results. Best bet is to divide your products into piles based on the process they are for, then choose which one you like the look of best in each pile - the fun is in the experimentation!

Cheers, I will give that a go. Once I have used the SRP should I use the duragloss bonding agent then put some Carnuba wax on top? just got some Poorboys Carnuba natty blue and SSR2, so I will give them a go at some point. The swirls are starting to annoy me.

Given what you have, I'd just go with SRP then the Natty's until the times comes when you can afford a polisher; correcting the paint by hand will be extremely difficult, due to the hardness of it. :yes: