1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What price can I pick up an S2 avant for?

Discussion in 'S2/RS2 Forum' started by gizze, May 10, 2005.

1. gizze

gizze Member

Hi all,

I have talked my wife into selling her old MX5 now we/she has the A4 cab, and this means I can get something I can get my teeth into as a bit of a project if necessary.

So what sort of price would I be looking at for a later model avant? I have seen the prices on autotrader but these are not always the prices that the cars fetch.

cheers

Guy
  2. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

A reasonable one can go from £5000 to £7000 matters what nick it is in and Mileage of course

Cheers
  3. stephenrx7

stephenrx7 New Member

Just bought a 94 ABY for £3000, but am up to £800 in repairs (which would be a 2K+ bill taken to VAG)..got it off autotrader. Cheapest I've seen, but you'll get a tidy if unremarkable Avant for 4/4500.
  4. DaveACQ20v

DaveACQ20v Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Just bought a 94 ABY for £3000, but am up to £800 in repairs (which would be a 2K+ bill taken to VAG)..got it off autotrader. Cheapest I've seen, but you'll get a tidy if unremarkable Avant for 4/4500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pics Simon ?

BTW, welcome to the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. stephenrx7

stephenrx7 New Member

Not yet, but pretty it isn't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Not really planning to do much cosmetic, other than a few stone chips to hide. Definitely needs new wheels, has the original five spokes, but they've been sprayed silver and it looks a bit naff as a result.

Also I need and can't find anywhere, the two small plastic grills (one with tow hitch) which are missing and spoil the front end. Anyone know if these are the same as used on any other model? Can't find them in ekta save as part of the whole bumper.

Got it running smoothly now save the boost is woeful (7/8psi max)...