1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What polisher to Buy???

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Jonse, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Jonse

Jonse Active Member

Hi Guys

My bday is coming up and the misses has said she will buy me a polisher.

What type of polisher should i get DA or rotary?

Also any links to a good polisher?

Thanks

Jonse

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member
    Audi S4

What do you plan to do with it? If you are going to try and remove scratches then a rotary may be a better choice but with a steeper learning curve. Make sure you read how to use it to avoid damage.

If you just want to get a better finish and save your arms a bit then a DA is a good choice. It is also less likely to damage the paint, especially Audi paint! For what it's worth I have a DAS-6 DA polisher and have corrected some minor scratches with it and generally made the car shiny. If you search for my threads you can see the results.

Some (light :) ) reading...

Machine Polishing by Dual Action Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World

Machine Polishing by Rotary Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World

4. Jonse

Jonse Active Member

Yeah its mainly for a good finish but i do have a few scratches which i would love to be able to get rid of.

Can you get a good finish with a rotary polisher? or is it mainly for scratch removal?

Thanks

Ryan

5. coreythorny

coreythorny Member

Nobody will recommend jumping straight onto a Rotary. It's so simple to destroy the clear coat and burn/strike through.

Ive posted a offer on here before.
    I have this DA and its pretty much the best you'll get for your money: DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher - Clean Your Car

use discount code: DAS6GROUPBUY

This will allow you to buy it for £99.95 delivered!

AUDI_ADDICT likes this.
  6. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member
    Audi S4

DAS-6 PRO is a good bit of kit. It was out of my budget when I got my DA ~2 years ago but I'd definitely get that now.

You can get a good finish with a rotary but it takes a bit more patience. Have a look at some videos on YouTube.

From what you have said, I would get a DA. If you want to chat to someone first I'd give Juicy Detailing a ring. They are helpful and a site sponsor... Juicy Detailing - Car Cleaning Products and Auto Detailing

Dean_T likes this.
  7. Jonse

Jonse Active Member

Cheers for this. Im ordering it later tonight :)