What parts needed for next service on my S4 Avant?

Russboy

Reaction score
For once i'm being very prepared & thinking ahead. We will be due a service & MOT after our first year of ownership on the S4 soon(ish).

Car is a 2010, last service was @ 41602 miles, will have covered around 5k by the time it is due to be serviced.

When purchased it was serviced & MOT'd and I insisted on the oil & filter being changed in the S tronic box, service book shows the following was carried out:

Oil change
Dust & pollen filter element
S tronic oil & filter

Not carried out

Brake Fluid (last done on 32k Jun '15)
Spark Plugs (last done on 32k Jun '15)
Multitronic oil
Toothed belt
Air filter
Fuel filter
Haldex oil

By the time the service is due i'm hoping to have an induction kit fitted so that wont need doing. So whats the parts list i'm likely to need? Reading the service book the plugs need doing every 6 years or 57k, so they shouldn't need doing. No reference to the S4 fuel filter, so does that ever need doing?

So i'm thinking I will need engine oil & filter, general inspection as you would expect & possibly brake fluid replacing?

It will never need the multitronic or haldex oil changing.
Audi don't tend to make fuel filters serviceable items, and they can be tricky to access - although I'm not sure for the B8.
Brake fluid ought to be changed every 2 years.
The belts are a possibility but they are quite easy to see - shine a light down the front of the engine and see if you can see any signs of wear (e.g. fraying). Trouble is a dealer would put it into service position to change the belts so the labour adds up.

Reactions: Russboy
It will never need the multitronic or haldex oil changing.
Audi don't tend to make fuel filters serviceable items, and they can be tricky to access - although I'm not sure for the B8.
Brake fluid ought to be changed every 2 years.
The belts are a possibility but they are quite easy to see - shine a light down the front of the engine and see if you can see any signs of wear (e.g. fraying). Trouble is a dealer would put it into service position to change the belts so the labour adds up.

Thanks, I thought as much on the multitronic & haldex.

Hopefully should a cheap one then!