1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Oil

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by THE MONSTER, Apr 16, 2009.

1. THE MONSTER

THE MONSTER Member

I'm using Castrol Magnetec 10/40 in my A4 1997 1.8t ..Are there many out there using this Oil..has anyone any comment on what Oil best to use...What's wrong with using stuff from Audi they should know what's best surely..I know you can pay silly money for Fully Synthetic but they say it don't last long..any comments appreciated..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

I use 10/40 fully synthetic and change it every 4k mile (more often if the car is getting spanked round a race track). Oil is the blood of your engine, make it count

4. THE MONSTER

THE MONSTER Member

Hi Oranoco.I'm not talking about spanking it round a race track just normal driving..what Make Oil do you use and Oil Filter...Thanks for earlier reply..

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User Audi A4 quattro

I use the same grade, and buy whatever is priced best at the time, as long as its a full synth and covers VW 505 spec then its all good. I also use a K&N oil filter as its about twice the size of a normal one, as the oil capacity on the A4 is shockingly low

6. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Oil filter is always a motorfactor item and the oil is usuall Comma (although I think it's tecnically a hyrdacracked mineral oil as opposed to a proper polyalfolfin ESTA synthetic oil)