Absolute Genius :icon_thumright: 'Bumfire' night display goes wrong Wednesday, November 8, 2006 A bum deal: Firework gag goes wrong - Click to enlarge A dangerous prank quite literally backfired and landed a 22-year-old squaddie in hospital with a scorched colon after he stuck a firework up his bottom. The soldier inserted a rocket in a place definitely not recommended by the Fireworks Code and, as onlookers cheered, lit the blue touchpaper. The prankster, who has not been named but who recently returned from a tour of duty in Iraq, was badly burned. Witness Daniel Kassim, 16, said: 'There were around 40 of us after the bonfire had finished. MORE: See the full 'Bumfire' night video here - remember kids, don't try this at home 'This lad was saying, This is boring, what can we do?. He then put a rocket up his backside and set light to it. 'Everyone was laughing and didn't believe he'd do it. He pulled his trousers down and it exploded within seconds. MORE OF THE MOST POPULAR VIDEOS: Watch the Coke explosion craze get even wilder Video of the day: Ahhh, it's a laughing baby Miracle seeker in Jesus plummet 'No one thought he was hurt. But then he stood up and walked a few metres before stumbling and falling to the ground. There was quite a bit of blood.' Police and paramedics were called to the Monkwearmouthon area of Sunderland after the stunt on Sunday. The victim was taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital where he is having treatment for internal injuries. Onlookers said the man was mimicking a scene from Jackass where the character Steve-O shoots a firework from his rear. The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents reiterated its warnings about the dangers of playing with fireworks. 'It's very sad that this person had to learn about the dangers posed in this way,' it said.