What Mods???

Charlies604

Reaction score
Hey all, could well have a neat £600 to spend on the 1.8T...

What should be done first? Its had a full service, belts, chains etc..etc...
New Brakes, cylinders and aaalll that.

Obviously standard items throughout there. (Most was done at Audi)

Anyway, back to the point........

Now I know i can get the AMD Remap with this money, or a miltek. (Whats Jabba's '95 1.8T Remap price as they're site is down!)

Or maybe some FK Coilovers, but im still on standard Rims.... so would look odd really low.

I feel the need for more power... should i get the exhaust before the Remap? Should i upgrade the dump valve, get a boost gauge etc first?

Sorry for the long post, but not tooo sure what to do first! hehe

Theres tooo much to think about! And tooo many optons!

Cheers all, Charlie

Is the Exhaust ok for the most part? Its not restrictive in any way?

Am i just changing the DV for strentgh issues?
Which is best?
Thaaanks

Get yourself over to Yeovil to get a remap courtesy of MRC Tuning. They will certainly get you some decent figures. Tom who works there has a MRC chip on his girlfriends A4 and reckons its up around the 200bhp mark which is really impressive for an older A4 where the ECU is not as tuneable as the later versions,

wont look odd, mines lowered on standard 16's, looks quite good actually.

Are MRC any good? Not really heard too much about them, and id like the car to be as reliable as possible! hehe thaanks.

get yourself on Ebay and ebay.de.

I got a milltek turbo back system and a high flow cat for £105!
You will get some bargains on brakes, coilovers, dumpvalves on there. save you pennies for a map.

What have you got 150bhp a4 or a 180bhp?
Personally I find the £500 cost of remapping a 180bhp engine to 200bhp offensive, especially when you get a 50bhp hike for the same money with a 180bhp.

Thats because the Jabba's revos and AmD of the world use a base map for stock engines unless specified. so you are getting the same map on a 180bhp engine as the guy next door witha Mk4 golf.

HMMMmmmmmm...... JAbba cant do my car!!

So can AMD do it or not? Its a 95 N Plate.... Tis more expensive too Damn it!

Charlie - Check out MRC, a generic chip for your car will cost £400. These guys really know their stuff. AMD get good results but you would have to travel to Oxfordshire.

Dude, MRC are based in Banbury... umm, Oxfordshire! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Didn't realise they had a branch in Yeovil too... lucky for you eh Charlie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah they have a distributor in Yeovil.

However, do i want a generic map?
Will that work on the 1995 car tho?

Wont a custom remap be better for the car and give me more power?

Iv emailed the guys in yeovil but had no response yet! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ideally a custom remap on a rolling road would be best. However I know for a fact that MRC have mapped quite a few A4's so I expect that their generic chip is going to give some good figures. Its also only £400 inc vat.
Unfortunately the older models such as yours (and mine) do not have a very tuneable ECU so this is why some tuners have problems with our cars. Also you cannot flash the program onto the existing ECU, you actually have to have a chip installed. At the end of the day its up to you which way you go. I bought a K04 turbo for mine only to find that due to the age of the car it is virtually impossible to get it to run any sense with this setup. If I am going to do any further mods it will mean either buying a S4 or a later model 1.8T.

Ahh, ok... well iv emailed them and had noooo response for days! Typical!

Damn, i wanted a k04 too.... can we not go along the lines of Dastek... or maybe some other system like it?
Or was that the option, but it came to silllly money?

Yeah im a good old throttle cable, therefore I TELL the car what to do.
None of this politely asking it to increase its speed! hehe

Bit bummed about the K04... damn it!

Still i spose 200BHP should keep me happy for 6mnths or so!