1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what MAF to buy on ebay?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Karlos the Avant, May 28, 2009.

1. Karlos the Avant

Karlos the Avant A4 1997 18t Avant,17" Chromes

evening all, Im looking at putting a new MAF on my 1997 A4 18t avant engine code AEB.
    my tick over is bouncing a bit and i only hear the MAF doing its buzzin working noise bit every now and again,when i dont hear it car struggles to start and when i do hear it car fires first turn of key.
    could anyone send me right one off ebay please to go with my car because ive just had a quick look and they seem to sell loads on there and im not that clued up to jump in there.

Thanks in advance for any advice or help
  2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

None of them. I tried 3 different ones, at various costs and had 3 different symptoms from each one of them. I went to the dealer and bought a genuine one for £62 plus VAT and shea has been perfect ever since
  3. Karlos the Avant

nice one, thanks Mark aka Byzan A4,
    Im glad i stuck to my fav saying "fools rush in" will get onto local dealer in morn
  4. Karlos the Avant

would you recomend the Vagcom off Ebay Mark or would that be a dealer buy as well ?
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ebay cable and the freware version will get you started. If you get on with it, you can always "upgrade" to a genuine one at a later date.

I have a serial Ebay cable and it works for me