What lowering springs? (Eibach, H&R etc..)

Markb

Reaction score
As subject I am looking at getting some lowering springs for my 98 T Sport. I want about a 30-40mm drop as I don't fancy hitting that cast sump!!

Anyway what springs would you recommend with the standard dampers? (I will be replacing the dampers at some stage, but not yet)

I am after improved road holding, but I don't want bouncy hard suspension.

Let me know what you would go for and the prices.

Cheers Mark.

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
As subject I am looking at getting some lowering springs for my 98 T Sport. I want about a 30-40mm drop as I don't fancy hitting that cast sump!!

Anyway what springs would you recommend with the standard dampers? (I will be replacing the dampers at some stage, but not yet)

I am after improved road holding, but I don't want bouncy hard suspension.

Let me know what you would go for and the prices.

Cheers Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

H&R 50mm springs work well... no clearance problems and doesnt actually lower by 50mm... looks good!

expect to pay around £120

Rich

s3 h&r springs drop 25mm,a3 quattro 40mm.

how long do peps recommend to run lower springs with standard damper before changing?

Cheers

I lowered my Mk4 Golf with just Eibach springs and the ride was very good. Not harsh ay all. Also my misses has done the same to hers (16V Polo) and again the ride is great.

hope this helps
Rich.

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
I lowered my Mk4 Golf with just Eibach springs and the ride was very good. Not harsh ay all. Also my misses has done the same to hers (16V Polo) and again the ride is great.

hope this helps
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the ride in the Polo like? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(sorry mate couldn't resist that one!)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

with H&R 50mm springs, it lowers about 40-45mm as rich said above. The ride is actually very smooth, not harsh at all and i highly recommend them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Audi A3 1.8TS said:
so can you get these rich? and how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

cant get H&R's, but can get the Eibachs which are equally good. TBH, most springs are very similar... you only see real differences when you start upgrading the shocks, and these are the bit that make it a harsh ride or not.

Rich

so if i upgrade just the springs is there chance of bottoming out?

[ QUOTE ]
T30GUE S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:

hope this helps
Rich.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's the ride in the Polo like? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(sorry mate couldn't resist that one!)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif