What ive been upto while not on here....

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Ive been away from here for a while now and its taking ages to get back upto speed with peoples build threads and ongoing problems !
Anyway, these are the projects that have been keeping me busy ,
Comments welcome ,
Mk1 gti Cabby,
Just needed a massive tidy up new brakes all round and some tlc and a polish.
DSC02869.jpg

We took it to Inters for its first run out.
DSC00907.jpg

Its strangely the only of the 4 cars we have i can fit my mountain bike in !

Then there is the long standing project im nearly there with now.
My first car bought 15 years ago when i was 16
This had lived under a car port since i bought the S3 and proved to me that a car port is no where near as good a place as a garage to store a car.
05022010098-1.jpg

25012010079-1.jpg

07022010101-1.jpg

Getting there now...
PICT0018.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

DSC02882.jpg

DSC02028-1.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

The wheels are just a winter set until i get my mims referb'd

Now i think its time to spent some time ( and inevitably money ) on the S3...
Im thinking 18's R32 anti roll bars a front splitter and freshen up all round.
When the bank balance will permit after all the above !

Reactions: liquids3
WOW you have been busy, I think my fave is the MK1 the red looks awesome but the Mk2 is nice as well, i would love to have a little project like a MK1 or " and you have both lol,

if your back why not take your car on the track at ADI :)

Im treading a fine line moneywise at the moment,
I may well get on track, Whether its at ADI im not sure,
The red on the mk1 was sooo dull and flat before i broke out the Machine polisher , Its a great result for the time spent

Im treading a fine line moneywise at the moment,
I may well get on track, Whether its at ADI im not sure,
The red on the mk1 was sooo dull and flat before i broke out the Machine polisher , Its a great result for the time spent

ye i love the MK1 mate, what are the plans for them, drive all three cars or restore them and sell them on???

I had those mims on my mk1 golf gti, rears use to scrub if i had people in the back due to the bmw offset

We also have a Bora TDI for family duties,
Needed with 3 kids ! haha
The mk2 will stay FOREVER as it was my first car and i took it from 1.3 c to what it is today and its the reason i still love cars.
The Mk1 ... i would like to keep, Idealy a new roof and a detailed engine bay.
The S3? If its good, i will keep it as nothing else has realy turned my hear for the same kind of money

I had those mims on my mk1 golf gti, rears use to scrub if i had people in the back due to the bmw offset

ET13?
Ye mine used to, part of the rebuild involved rolling the archs up to clear them. I also used to run the car much lower so its ok now.

The mk2 is more the track car to be honest as the brembos on my S3 just dont seem to be performing as they should,
The S3 is my daily so not as track set up as i would like, Ive been on silverstone and killed my brakes on lap two ! From what ive been told Castle comb is much more a brake/ handeling track

The mk2 is more the track car to be honest as the brembos on my S3 just dont seem to be performing as they should,
The S3 is my daily so not as track set up as i would like, Ive been on silverstone and killed my brakes on lap two ! From what ive been told Castle comb is much more a brake/ handeling track

I thought it was classed as a power track? should be fine for 15 minutes anyways, cos that's all you get in a session!

They both look spot on. Love how the red has come up after a polish.
Wish I had kept my first ever car, 1989 VW Polo Coupe 1.3.

WOW, i like the look of both of them....I do however have a soft spot for white Mk2's as that was also my first car.

I would love to get another one and do a restore on it...however I guess that will have to wait till I have some time and more importantly money!!

mk2 customer car which departs me tomorrow..
ns-1.jpg

widetracked mk2 with something special under its discreet wrapper :)

AH bill i think you posted a picture of the engine a while back??
Somebody mentioned wide tracking mine. By pulling the bottom ball jount/wishbone bolts fully out and correcting the camber with the shocker bolts?? That sound about right?

AH bill i think you posted a picture of the engine a while back??
Somebody mentioned wide tracking mine. By pulling the bottom ball jount/wishbone bolts fully out and correcting the camber with the shocker bolts?? That sound about right?

probably pictures posted of its engine yes.
widetrack on this is vr6 front suspension components mated to 4x100 drive flanges.. and spaced rear stub axles.
handles superbly. owner collected it this afternoon. sorry to see it leave.. 477bhp mk2 golf makes even danes rs4 seem normal performance.