What I've been upto! LOTS of pics!

Car looks amazing!! Will be getting some new wheels, suspension etc when i hopefully get my enging problem sorted!!

Definitely a fan of all sets of wheels you have. I think the 20" TT ones look the Dogs!!

A3 S-line 2.0 TDI mate. Only had it a couple of weeks but loving it already. My previous post was supposed to say i have engine troubles, it misfires when starting up and the engine temp is at half way. Revs go up and down when travelling slow too :crying:

Ah right, get VCDS on it.

I have, nothing came up. I've posted a thread on it and people suggest a starter motor (which would cure the start up maybe but not the rev problem) or a remap. Hopefully its not expensive to fix otherwise no mods for me!

2 pics I got yesterday.

DSC03275.jpg

Here's Carson & The Wife :wub:

DSC03278.jpg

It was the wife that chose Akoya when we ordered it back in April 07, man she made the right choice :wub: Good lass she is.

Reactions: warren_S5 and A3_Black_Edition
Akoya is my favourite Audi colour, I very nearly bought an Akoya A3 (deposit down and all) but then it fell through when its had problems when I picked it up ... so I ended up with a grey one!

Oh and your SB is the nicest one around in its current guise mate, I wouldn't change a thing .. except the hidden exhaust. I like to see some pipes :)

674f96a2.jpg

:wub:

That is all.

To my eyes that is as good as an A3 could ever look; a stunning job N8, and a brilliant thread, best I've read since being back!

Reactions: redbutcher, KemiksiZ, A3_Black_Edition and 1 other person
Nath, apologies for OT, but is it possible to retrofit lumbar in a standard waffle leather 2012 S3 seat, or is it a case of complete seat change due to electrics / switch and mechanism? TIA, W

As long as the seat internals havnt changed, then yes you can retrofit this, needs wiring & obviously seats stripped down.

With you lot and your skills how could I doubt it could be done!

Suffering with bad back and might be looking to do it very soon, and no it's not a cue to retrofit RS4's as my back won't cope with them!

Suffering with bad back and might be looking to do it very soon, and no it's not a cue to retrofit RS4's as my back won't cope with them!

Me too mate, immensely atm, 3dr has lumbar, sb doesnt, so notice it in the sb more, but has an rs4 bucket in drivers seat atm lol, so not had chance to test it much as havnt wired in new electrics for it yet, but will do, but does make a difference to the arch as such.

What area do you suffer with on your back, I see osteo often.

Me too mate, immensely atm, 3dr has lumbar, sb doesnt, so notice it in the sb more, but has an rs4 bucket in drivers seat atm lol, so not had chance to test it much as havnt wired in new electrics for it yet, but will do, but does make a difference to the arch as such.

What area do you suffer with on your back, I see osteo often.

Lower back, and sciatica. Only had it since changing from S3 with lumber to one without (like an idiot I forgot to spec as thought it was std!).

Lower back, and sciatica. Only had it since changing from S3 with lumber to one without (like an idiot I forgot to spec as thought it was std!).

If you do allot of sitting, I would get down to an osteo & have them work on you mate, you'll be amazed what they can do.

Jesus Christ, what's this, the Grandad bad back thread :laugh:

I'm amazed yours isnt bad having to bend down to get under a doorway all the time lofty :p

car looks amazing man! JEALOUS!
quick question, ive found some wheels which are same size/offset as yours but 9.5j..... too wide or possible?

Hi mate haven't been on this forum in a year or 2 (sold the a3) but sh*t that's some transformation! Hats off mate!

Hi mate haven't been on this forum in a year or 2 (sold the a3) but sh*t that's some transformation! Hats off mate!

It's been a long build :laugh: I hope to get it finished off over the winter and early next year as it'll be approaching 5 years old :wub:
Wait I'm confused...you mean the Wife or the car. Wife beats the car handsdown:rockwoot:

Your funny Tom :laugh: