1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What it this dvd player

ruffrida Oct 19, 2012

1. ruffrida

ruffrida Well-Known Member

Hi Ya'll,

I have aquired this in car dvd palyer froma friend, he thought it was a ripspeed but no serial numbers, no name and has the old skool 6pin white plug on the back, aswel as a fibre optic and another small 11pin socket.
    This has come with zero wires and really struggling to find our what it is, any ideas???

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh554/Ruffrida169/unknown.jpg

2. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 Team Akoya TDi saloon

Image is tiny.

Got a bigger one?

3. ruffrida

4. Artimus

Artimus Shortback

the square black socket on the back looks a bit like a Pioneer IP Bus\CD changer fitment, if that's any help.

[​IMG]

Edit: checked it out some more & I'm now certain it's a Pioneer configuration. I had a Pioneer install in a previous car and the CD Changer had the same connector, also the power socket was a similar connector block. Pioneer still use what I think is the same IP Bus socket on their 2012 products. Below is a screen shot of the manual for my new AVIC-940BT in which I've highlighted the socket in red! It's used for connecting external media.

Avic Rear 3.jpg

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  5. ruffrida

Nice 1 fella this is a great help thank you.

I have found a few of these IP bus cables and looks the only way i will get sound is through an amp and rca's, which is not a problem, got plenty of amps and wires