What is your next car going to be??

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
Well what car will you be getting after your current motor?

EDIT: Could people also state the reasons why they are going for these cars

Peace :cool:

Like the look of the new C Class 220 CDi sport.

Not quite sure yet, staying with Audi for sure. I've got 3 test drives booked this month, an S5, a RS4 and a S6. Porbably going for an RS4 at the mo but I'm interested to see what the S5 is like, as far as I know it uses the RS4 engine but I don't know if its in a differrent state of tune. The S6 also has potential with it 5.2 V10 from the Lambo Gallardo, again I'm fairly sure its a slightly detuned version. Just over 2 weeks til I've took them all out from the local dealer so I'll let you know which one gets the nod :icon_thumright:

Smoke Breather said:
I'm interested to see what the S5 is like, as far as I know it uses the RS4 engine but I don't know if its in a differrent state of tune. The S6 also has potential with it 5.2 V10 from the Lambo Gallardo, again I'm fairly sure its a slightly detuned version.

The S5 uses the "detuned" V8 as in the S4... the S6 engine shares components from the Lambo V10 and is "detuned" but is not a very good car (going by the reviews)

I'll be keeping the S3, but my next car is likely going to be a Honda Jazz, I'm going japanese :sadlike:
Replacement for my S3 would have to be a nice Honda NSX, or something higher up in the Audi family, like an S4 or RS4... defnitely something with more power!

I'm going for something older, something with a bit style, class and individuality.

Not sure quite what but I would love an Audi 100S Coupe but, hens teeth...... Or a Rover P6 V8, NSU R080, Triumph 2000, BMW 2002 Ti..........

I like the really new Audi's, the RS2 Avant and Audi quattro coupe (obviously) but they are all proper money. Most modern cars are dull, uninspiring and require no thought to drive, totally bored of them!

If I decide to change my A4 my next car will probably be a choice between A4 2.0T b7 or 2.0T cab.

Ive recently sold my A4 and got a 330ci.
Didnt really want 4 doors and RWD is sooooo much more fun.:rockwoot:

Probs either a Glof V GT-TDI or A3 2.0TDI. Just need something prety reliable and cheap to run. Quite like the 1 series, but seem to be the only person who does. :(

ive only just got the S3 so not too sure what i'll replace that with yet but i am looking into getting myself an original mini cooper s and shoe horning in a bigger lump and making it stupidly quick..... always had a soft spot for the original mini coopers.... obviously something to do with watching the italian job over and over again when i was kid :busted_cop:

I fancy a Blob Eye Impreza WRX STi but they are a bit chavy.
Possibly a R33/R34 GTR Skyline.
If not jap a Passat W8

Just got sportback this year and will keep 3-4 years and will get another Audi.I will be getting a new motorbike in 2008 though.

s4,s3,330,330d,530d,535d,c class diesel,clk,x type 4wd diesel,range rover, discovery diesel,x5,x3,or maybe an old car if i win some money like lancia delta hf integrale,grand torino,shelby gt,charger.
or maybe ill just keep my own for a while!!! who knows.

golf mk5 vr6 os S4
because I like them

Another A4 avant for me, just love mine. It will be a quattro this time.

Some sort of Diesel Mk4 Golf or 8L Audi A3, quitting my job and gonna try and join the RAF so need something cheap and cheerful for a bit...

Maybe even a Bora!

not for a while but id like to think ill be able to afford an S3 or even an R32. But i want to stay with Audi so it probably wont be the latter

Well I just bought an Alfa 156. Good job too as the suspension has finally given up on the mrs' A4!

Bought the Alfa cos I needed something fairly economical (believe me it is!!!) and cheap to buy. Cost me £1300 on an X plate. I only need a car to get me 4 miles to work, and the Alfa does the job well, and in comfort.
Obviously it doesnt have the build quality of a german beauty, but its style and the fact it is such a brilliant drivers car makes up for that IMO. My last few cars were big engined beemers (yup..... groan!), and although its only a 1.8, the Alfa aint too slow (144 bhp)!

B5 S4, 8L S3, Mk4 Golf R32, Merc 2.6-16 Cosworth

All miles away from my current Fabia vRS... but I'm looking for a job that's closer :)

All are quick cars, with a nice subtle style. The VAG stuff has tuning potential (not sure about the Merc - but probably)

Loving the A6 2.7 TDI Q-Tip at the moment, pulls like a train, its comfortable, looks good and gives brilliant mpg. The allroad is great aswell. Although I drove the new TT today and god was it fun! Not very practical though...

Just bought the Mrs a VW Touran Sport DSG, so hopefully will get a T5 Transporter, followed by a new S3 for the weekend. ;)

If I dont take the rep job at work, a B5 Nog blue S4 :hubbahubba: !!
If i do take it and get a 407 :sorry: as a company car (boo) then i will get a 'Busa engined kitcar :salute: !
The idea of having 2 saloon cars in madness! In a way im temped not to take the job, as S4's are just pure sex!

Am looking at either a 996 Carrera 2 or possibly a 997 Carrera 2S, an RS4 (both similar money) or a 335ci...

Am worried the 911 may be a little too impractical, but will see over the next couple of months. Am looking to change the car in October probably. If the RS4 drops in price by a couple of thousand by then, that's what it'll be. Just trying to find out what the depreciation is likely to be on an 05 model, for the next 2-3yrs...?

d3fy said:
Are you not in the forces already Unkle?

*self indulgent post*

Nah, Im a UK Based Civilian working for the MOD in Germany.

Ive been out here for about 4 years, been out to Iraq a lot and Afghanistan too.

But Im not really qualified to do anything, just blagged the job I have now through knowing someone and having really good references. Im joining the RAF Police (hopefully) and learning how to do close protection and body guarding, do it for a bit then try my luck in places like Nigeria and the Middle East.

If any of you IT people get the chance to work for the MOD go for it. They arent the best payers but Id recommend coming out here to Germany, its a beautiful country. You also get lots of tax breaks, no Income Tax, dont pay VAT on anything, Tax Free Fuel Coupons (I pay about 7 Euros for 10 litres of V-Power!) free housing with the job, free awesome healthcare and you can buy one tax free car a year...

And in Germany, car crime is rarer than rocking horse ****.

Wont be getting rid of any ....as i have a dream of getting old and having 6 garages with all my cars in them and the last one with a fully operational garage ramp so on ..dreamer i know but a nice dream!!

The next car i will be adding to my list will be RS2 (360bhp +)

Why?.... because it is a classic, becoming rare and a car i have always wanted

My current thinking is an Alfa, and by the time I come to change there should be some nice used Spiders around.

I'm liking the Alfa 159 at the moment, purely on looks, so it could be that or another A3, I've got a while to go yet though.

Rev-head The next car i will be adding to my list will be RS2 (360bhp +) Why?.... because it is a classic said:
I love these too along with the even rarer sport quattro, would like to have both one day.

d3fy said:
sold - where do I sign? ;)

Try Serco, HP or Fujitsu Siemens, all of them have MOD contracts for different things, most of it comes under the Defence Communications Services Agency Germany also known as DCSA (G) .

LottieA3 said:
Thinking of a Ford Fiesta, like an L reg in pink and then I plan to get a fluffy pink steering wheel cover and the big dice for the mirror...surely I shouldnt have to explain my reasons why!

I think you need too....:happy:

Thinking of a Ford Fiesta, like an L reg in pink and then I plan to get a fluffy pink steering wheel cover and the big dice for the mirror...surely I shouldnt have to explain my reasons why!

so you can go dogging?

I just added another to the 'fleet'
...a Skoda Fabia vRS.

Can't beat it for comfort, economy, fun and performance...all with cheap insurance and road tax....so technically that was my 'next' car.

I can't see me changing my 911 for a long time...there is nothing that's significantly faster and better to drive around...to move to anything even close but a wee bit faster will cost £50k+...and that's just silly, when the C4S is still fantastic to drive.

I'll probably keep my GTI too...too many hours (and £1000s) spent on it to think about getting rid at the mo.

I know they're proberably a crap car but i keep seeing chrysler 300 c's around and i love them to look at.