What is your fave Audi Colour? - Pic of my Ivory Pearl A4q...

I

imported_ZeroK66

Hello all...

This is a copy of a post on the A4 forums, but I am looking to replace my A4 with an S3 and I wonder what popular colour to get...

bf_3.JPG

As I realise I will soon part with my car - I am upset to think I will loose the colour too. Didnt really like it when I first got the car - but I chose the car because of the spec (As you can see by ebay advert - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4608187469 ) - but now I LOVE the colour... it is sooo unique, every Audi dealer goes on about how nice it is, how different etc etc.

My faves are as follows:

Ming Blue
Dolphin Grey
The S4 red ON THE S4/A4 s-line
And obviously my Ivory Pearlescent

The A4 forums - guys are going on about Noggy Blue as one of their faves...

Colour is always very personal...

I love the pearly white used on the RS2...Magnolia Mother of Pearl, I think it was called...a stunning colour.

As for S3 colours...it all depends of your personality...

Personally, I think silver looks stunning...but the greys just too bland.
I may have ordered a silver S3 if it wasn't for the fact that I have a Golf GTI in silver...and the one before that was silver too...

I don't like black cars (that's not stricyly true, they look great....but I don't like to look after black cars!!)

Absolute red is anything but...tomato soup orange more like...not nice.

I don't like the greens either.

Imola Yellow looks great...

As does the RS4 red...Misano Red pearl.

Some of the dark metallic blues look great...but not my thing...just a shade too low key I guess...

I like Merlin Purple...but it's a special order colour...

I saw an S3 in orange...it looked awesome...again a special order colour...

But if I were to make the same choice again...I'd still opt for Nogaro Blue pearl. Looks dull and boring in bad light...but incredible in sunlight.

But, you ank everyone here...and you'll get a similar list in a completely different order...

IMO i think all S and RS cars should exclusively:

Misano Red,
Imola Yellow, or
Nogaro Blue

and that should be it. Oh and they shouldn't be available to the A series!

Nice colour that on the A4.

Do a search for colours or s3 colours and you will find a few posts detailing all of the different ones with pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
IMO i think all S and RS cars should exclusively:

Misano Red,
Imola Yellow, or
Nogaro Blue

and that should be it. Oh and they shouldn't be available to the A series!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, but I don't think they'd sell half as many, I think quite a few people bought the black and silver ones because they don't want to stand out for some reason... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleep.gif

They should definately have colours that are exclusive to the S cars though.

I love my Merlin Purple S3, the only other colour I considered when buying was Imola Yellow, but my other half at the time said she would never be seen in the car.....not always a bad thing I guess!

But as mention its all down to individual taste.

Its a well know fact that silver is the fastest colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

IMG_1542(3).JPG

Hi Matt,

Love those wheels!!!

I'm looking at some 18inch OEM's at the moment, did you buy those after or with the car?

When I need some new tyres I think I might treat myself.

when looking for an S3 the first one I went to see was silver...the car was a dog but the silver looked superb. I thought silver made the wider arches stand out more than say black or dark blue.

love the merlin purple aswell, nearly bought an A3 cause it was in that colour...ended up with an Imola S3 in the end!

[ QUOTE ]
Its a well know fact that silver is the fastest colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

IMG_1542(3).JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

YAWN... another silver car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[ QUOTE ]

YAWN... another silver car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...I know what you mean.

I had a silver Mk3 Golf GTI back in 1995, and everyone thought I was mad...but it looked great, and uncommon.

I still have a Mk3 GTI...in silver (different car) and it still looks good...but there are SOOO many silver cars now...

That's why silver was never / could never have been on the horizon for an S3 when I was looking. It appears to be the new 'company car blue'. Such a shame really...as it seems all German cars suit silver...

yup, company cars are mostly all silver. You can scratch them to buggery, and they still look OK.

even the police have started to use silver cars (for unmarked and marked cars), as there resale is more than their white ones.

Here's a pic of mine (a good excuse to try posting my first pic!)
I think black looks class but as Ess Three said...there a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif to keep clean.

AudiS3.jpg

IMy last 2 cars have been silver, just really easy to keep clean. My last one just here :
Pier%203.jpg

I'd have loved a black S3, but you only ever have one black car, and having had one 7 years ago, I'd not have another.....they're a pig to keep clean ! Look gorgeous when they are though

I love Misano Red at the moment - the new RS4 just looks soooo good in that colour!!

But you can't beat a bit of black IMHO.......

S3Rear1000.jpg

When clean that is!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

IMG_1542(3).JPG

[/ QUOTE ]

that looks identical to my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Noggy seems to be a safe all rounder really doesnt it? Silver and black both can look so good - silvers though I feel are too common and as everyone says - the blacks are a pain to keep clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think i'm a bit odd then as but i quite like the S3 in dark green. (goodwood I think it's called)

merlin purple is also a fantastic colour on the S3's but there are so few of them around.

You've all forgotten Avus Silver!!!

It adds just a bit more than plain silver. It's a pearl too, so changes colour and sort of 'glows' in certain light.

For an RS4 it's just looks stunning.

Looks great on an S3 too.

My A4 looks ok in it too................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My last two car (A3 1.8t & S3) has been silver and love that color. I think that it´s easy to keep clean compared to black and when it´s dirty it still looks quite good.

Here´s pic of my car when its dirty...

s3_small.jpg

Mine's Goodwood green. I like it, but I asked for a part-ex price at my local dealer and was told that if it was silver or black they could give me a better price!

The noggy and yellow ones are nice but I couldn't live with one long term.

its got to be Ming Blue with ali mirrors, but then i am biased.

You don't see many red S3s, they look good, especially as it is pretty rare.

deffo not a goodwood, it would be hard to sell again.

i've had a noggy, and if you can get one with silver leather(a rarity), then you would prob have the best combo. the good thing about noggy is that with any of its 3 interior options it looks good_
Black leather
silver leather
Black hide/blue acla inserts

Try saying that for the Imola!!

Merlin is nice, but very hard to get hold of(go for silver leather again)

Silver- i've had silver cars, great for cleaning but common

black is nice, but not with black interior.

Which leaves- ming blue (nice)

Red, ok but not too inspiring

Dolphin- a good all rounder, looks good with black seats

and one or two other combos

to summarise IMHO

1. noggy or ming(if you like blue)
2. \merlin (if you can find one)
3. dolphin (good all rounder)
4. Imola ( to stand out)
5. Black (if you have plenty of time on your hands!!)

[ QUOTE ]
I would go for:

1) Dolphin Grey
2) Merlin Purple
3) Nogaro Blue

[/ QUOTE ]

same 3, different order! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would go for:

1) Dolphin Grey
2) Merlin Purple
3) Nogaro Blue

[/ QUOTE ]

same 3, different order! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great minds think alike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

That imola one to be fair is absolutely sexy though - first time I saw that pic I saved it instantly... and have looked at it many times since over the past few months! Think cause of the tint and it being lowered (And those 19's??) with the chrome mirrors - absolutely MINT!