1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this again? Adaptor for Bose?

xeryus Jan 24, 2008

  1. xeryus

    xeryus New Member

    Andy, you helped me a while back when this was behind the hu causing probs. It was the previous owners adaptor for his aftermarket hu.

    It's been laying around for ages and I'd like to advertise it, but I don't know what to call it, or what it's purpose is exactly. Somebody may want it on here in which case I'll put it in classified, or I may have to ebay it. Thanks.
  2. AndyMac

    AndyMac Moderator Moderator

    It's a speaker input adapter for the Bose system. It enables you to replace the stock HU for an aftermarket unit and connect the speaker outputs to the stock Bose amp, without the popping you can get using the RCA adapter. It has a bulit in line out converter (the lump inside the foam) to take the speaker output down to pre-out level suitable for the Bose amp.
  3. marms

    marms Member

    Either that or a Toshiba laptop with some funny wires on top of it?
  4. xeryus

    xeryus New Member

    Brilliant description, thanks Andy! Marms, the whole lot was in the duct behind the hu in the new car. The thing with the keys and letters was a b*****d to get out of the hole ;)

Share This Page