What is this 2006/2007 facelift?

sat1983

Reaction score
What changed apart from the steering wheel? My A3 was first registered on the 26/09/2006 so is this a facelift model?
Thanks and very sorry if this has been asked before.

the easiest way to tell is the headunit, if it plays mp3 CD's, then it's a 2007

Chris.

MarcQuinlivan said:
The head unit changed from chassis number 101044, built on 31 October 2006.

Not sure when the wheel changed.

Yep that correct, 2007 Model was built from Nov 2006 , few changes , ie Stereo Head Unit, etc etc......

I was lucky and got the 2007 version...didnt know there was a model change in the pipeline when i ordered my A3 Sportback in september....

no your wrong - full model year changes happen around mid-year usually any car built from about mid-year onwards 2006 will be a 2007 MY car, likewise in the next 3 months or so 2008 MY cars will start being built. My 04 A3 (now sold) was built week 24 in 2004 (May) and was in the first 05 MY build week.

Nov tweaks were just 'slight revisions' and not a full-on model year change i think you will find.

It is easy to tell the Model Year of an A3 by the VIN Number. If the 10th digit of the number is a 6 it's a 2006 model year. If it's a 7 it's 2007.

The actual model year change takes place on 1 June. This year all cars built after 1 June 2007 will have a 10th digit of 8 indicating the 2008 model year. Audi usually gives details any changes for the next model year around May and because of the lead times all cars ordered after then will be the next model year.

Some small things do change during a model year such as recently the change from Concert and Symphony II to II+ in November but the basic spec stays the same. Details of these and the wheel changes were given to Audi dealers on 1 November 2006 and all cars ordered after that date would be to the new spec. All customer tagged orders not yet built also changed automatically on the same date to the new spec.

The Symphony II+ is totally different in appearance to the Symphony II. If your not sure which type you have just look on the Audi UK web-site and download the Price and Sepecfication brochure and the lastest one has a picture of the new units.