What is the best obd2 cable for vag

xxxxSMITHYxxxx

Reaction score
Hi all I have got a version vag software and also a USB obd2 cable labeled elm327
But when I plug it in and try and connect to the car is seems to just cycle through all the connection numbers and not do anything is it because of this cable or not or am I just doing something wrong, I mean I have worked in it for 10 years and this just not seem to make any seance the car is a W plate 1.8 Quattro

VCDS is the best but if you look in the FAQ thread in the stickies I have linked to an eBay cable that can be used with VCDS lite in the 'please read before posting' thread

<tuffty/>

Hi I do have vcds and an obd2 cable it's an elm327 but I can get it to work any reasion for this at all

need to find out what port the cable is on , and change this in vcd , when you plug the cable in did it ask to load a driver ?

you using 64bit version of windows? could be a driver issue... you can force VCDS to install as 32bit IIRC... not tried it as not had an issue with drivers on a genuine cable..

<tuffty/>

you using 64bit version of windows? could be a driver issue... you can force VCDS to install as 32bit IIRC... not tried it as not had an issue with drivers on a genuine cable..

<tuffty/>
It finds the device on port 3 fine but then after that I can't get it do anything just says no connection the does have to be with the ignition on yea and nothing happens

I was very impressed with a friends Bluetooth dongle and android phone for dashboard and error code reading

Does vagcom do apple compatible products